Junior Purchasing Manager in Geneva - Switzerland (m/f)
Do you have a passion for analytics and strategic, critical thinking? Do you see yourself engaging in commercial and relationship activities with P&G Suppliers? You “can smell and close a great deal”? You want to face different challenges every single day? Then Strategic Purchases is your place to be.
We spend more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world. Strategic Purchases is a critical discipline within the Product Supply organization, which controls the spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors.
As a Junior Purchases Manager in this ecosystem, you will be the commercial leader at the forefront of all supply-chain and strategic sourcing activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. You are the eyes and ears of the Company, connecting with a variety of industries and players.
- Develop extensive market knowledge and deep understanding of the assigned industry.
- Elaborate sourcing strategies to increase our innovation pipeline, drive cost savings and influence industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiate best-value deals with the right suppliers to meet the Company's business need.
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams.
- Constantly look for new technologies, and recommend innovative solutions and providers to your internal business partners.
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and build the right relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Build a sustainable supply base for the World to become a better place.
- Always treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly: we consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver our renowned products around the world.
What you can expect from us
We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do.
Since Day 1, we will empower you to make a difference: you will own a spend area to manage, and you will lead the strategic sourcing work for all related goods or services. Also, we will trust you for the deal management and for all the internal recommendations, as well as for the external relationships with your suppliers.
We know it will be a challenge, but we care about every individual: you will receive a customized learning plan made of formal trainings (Sourcing College, Negotiation Classes...), and you will also get the right levels of coaching and mentorship that will enable you to deliver the best value to the Company.
Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level. We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth.
If you are a Master student or a young professional with strong dedication to lead, hunger to learn, ability to overcome barriers, passion for winning and an interest in pursuing a career at P&G – this job is for you.
We are looking for:
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business.
- Maximum 3 years of work experience
- Real passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to connect the dots.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Strong English verbal and writing skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job in a very dynamic, diverse, multi-cultural and flexible working environment.
- "Vibrant Living" offering on-site: Gym / Yoga / Sports-teams, Hair-Salon, Canteen, Agile workspace design, Flex-work arrangements possible.
Further helpful information to make the application process smooth:
- Just apply via clicking the button below.
- Have your CV in English ready to attach.
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer #WeSeeEqual #LikeAGirl #P&G #GABLE
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: