Project Manager/Technical Engineer for facilities/utilties
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We are currently looking for a passionate and technically savvy individual to join our P&G Product Supply (PS) as a Project Manager in our Health Care plant located in beautiful North Carolina. P&G’s Swing Road Plant is in Greensboro. We commit not only to driving value to the business but promoting an attentive safety and quality culture with a commitment of nothing we do is worth getting hurt and ensure we are positively impacting our customers and consumers 1st and 2nd moments of truth.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
The Personal North American NA business is growing rapidly with many major Greensboro site projects already in progress. The successful candidate will lead best value facility/utility solutions for projects, initiatives, and master planning for the Greensboro site through expert Facility/Utility Engineering leadership. Deliver capital solutions, technical solutions, and leadership for the Greensboro site in the facilities design integrator, civil, structural and architectural (CSA) engineering technologies as part of the PHC Engineering and Delivery team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage frequently with Company hierarchy from multiple PHC Categories and drive key engineering decisions in this developmental and visible role. The successful candidate will use global tools and resources to meet the Greensboro site needs, ensure compliance with P&G requirements, and deliver the Facilities/Utilities vision.
- Establish and grow relationships with Greensboro engineering leadership, external engineering companies, and equipment suppliers. Stay engaged with industry practices, engineering methods, and low cost approaches to help achieve Greensboro Capital Spending and TDC reduction goals.
- You will be accountable for delivering Facility Engineering technologies (Civil, Structural, Architectural, Utilities) directly and as a facilities design integrator for Greensboro projects and initiatives.
- You will be a key contributor to the business by driving lower cost capital solutions and identifying savings opportunities in Facility Engineering related scope.
- Support multiple projects/studies at one time including BVOA analysis and master planning.
- Provide facility engineering coaching and recommendations for key site projects during feasibility, conceptual, definition, detail design, construction and startup phases. Be able and willing to mentor Greensboro Site and Central Engineers.
- Single Point Technical Contact/ integrator across all Facilities/Utilities Engineering, Clean Design and HS&E disciplines during Conceptual, Definition, Design, Construction and Startup phases.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Project design basis (design scope description) for timely delivery per the project timeline.
- SPOC for Sustainability items regarding facilities design and incorporation of LEED certification process as part of FEE and during Detailed design.
- Ensure Design Consultants have agreed and documented document control and file sharing process/ system in place prior to design kick off. This will include establishing agreed drawing title block, key plan and match line demarcation, drawing and specification numbering and revision system and FTP file structure.
- Ensure the technical design reviews are done at key milestones, 30%, 60%, 90% and ensure follow up/ decisions are documented into an action list.
- Ensure adequate and timely constructability input is received from the project team and integrated to the design.
- Establish and lead weekly Facilities/Utilities Technical Sub-team meeting, own Project Facilities/Utilities Technical Action item list and lead timely resolution of outstanding action items via Facilities Engineering/ HS&E Engineering and other P&G resources.
- Coordination of x-discipline BOQ review for accuracy prior to Construction Inquiry.
- Active Member of Project Core Team providing weekly updates on Facilities/Utilities Technical Sub- team status.
- Actively participate in Engineering Consultant qualification process along with the Technical Engineers. Provide one coordinated recommendation for all disciplines.
- Be a team member for Construction company pre-qualification process. This process is lead by Construction Management group.
- Concur on the execution strategy for the project in consultation with the project manager and project team ( Lean IPD, design bid build, design build, offshore fabrication etc.)
- Ensure the P&G technical pre-qualification of specialty contract suppliers via Technical Engineers is done – such as – Steel Fabrication, Roofing & Cladding, Chilled Water Systems, Water Treatment System, Power Generation etc.
- Ensure that any design issues related to facilities during construction are resolved via the other Facilities Engineering/ Clean Design/HS&E resources. Issues need to be raised by the Construction management organization.
- Ensure technical review of Construction Management Teams Method statements and QA/ QC plan is done via Technical Engineers.
- Own facilities/utilities engineering resource selection matrix and define criteria and factors based on project complexity and importance. (applicable for D-B-B projects). Ensure qualified engineering offices are used or proper qualification is performed for new engineering vendors
- Own engineering resource part in general contractor selection matrix of D&B projects
- Coordinate all design work of P&G sourced equipment’s and materials in a typical greenfield project (i.e. racks, kitchen equipment’s, office and lab furniture etc.)
- Coordinate all external utility design via technical engineers to ensure required capacity is supplied at connection points.
- Provide all necessary facility design permit packages when applicable to Construction Manager/Permitting Leader responsible for on-time permit application with no/minimum re-work
We are looking for someone with an Engineering degree in the field of: BS/MS in Civil, Structural, Architecture or Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience.
- Technical Skills - A demonstrated desire, thirst and passion to develop and maintain deep technical mastery.
- Demonstrate knowledge in CSA is a must.
- Collaboration – A demonstrated ability to collaborate with a small team of recognized technical masters focused on global application of facilities engineering.
- Ability to also work effectively with multiple organizations and disciplines, various management levels, and various cultures.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities without direct supervision is required. The candidate will have numerous opportunities to communicate with engineering leadership from multiple categories and should have a demonstrated ability to positively influence leadership decisions.
- Agility and learning – A demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable, and responsive to change. Capability to set direction, simplify complex technical issues, communicate them to management and drive alignment.
- Communication Skills - Proficient verbal and written skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform best value option analysis for facility related scope and apply engineering skills to create innovative solutions.
- A professional degree in Engineering is preferred.
Skills Needed to Perform This Job :
- Ability to lead teams, collaborate and drive decision making.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to train others and deliver results across a diverse organization.
- Solid technical skills in CSA and the desire to build technical capability, broaden influence and apply technical expertise.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: