Begin a meaningful career right here
Utilities/Facilities Senior Manager
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
The Personal Healthcare area of the P&G business is rapidly expanding. The Greensboro North Carolina Plant is looking for a Utilities/Facilities Leader & Project Manager to lead the Utilities/Facilities organization in addition to leading engineering design and startup of a new substation, new air compressors, warehouse expansion and racking, reverse osmosis system, cooling tower/chiller, and structural integrity.
We are looking for a highly technical leader with a sense of urgency and proven capability working with teams to deliver successful startups. Experience managing projects in the pharmaceutical business would be helpful to be successful in this role. This leader will learn the P&G Engineering discipline along with bring to P&G their external knowledge of their industry.
Key Responsibilities of the Utilities/Facilities Leader & Project Manager:
- Supervises efforts by internal staff and external contractors to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, test, and replace equipment and components for systems such as: Utility supplies (water, gas, electrical), HVAC, chillers, air compressors, water purification systems, boilers, air handling units, ISO classified clean rooms, and exhaust equipment.
- Evaluates equipment and systems for measures to improve reliability and integrity including the performance of failure analysis as necessary.
- Maintains an equipment replacement schedule based on life expectancy, operational history, criticality, and age.
- Ensures utility and facility systems are appropriately qualified and/or validated for intended use, works with Quality and Technical Groups to develop and execute protocols.
- Manages custodial services both internal staff and external resources to maintain positive building aesthetics.
- Maintains a positive, professional and confidential relationship with internal customers and interacts as necessary with external clients and regulatory authorities regarding facility equipment and systems.
- Collaborates with external partners to design utility systems to meet the business need.
- Leads a team of internal and external resources in the installation and startup of utilities/facilities projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience with Utility Systems (substations, HVAC, boilers, air compressors, chillers, cooling tower, RO system, etc.)
- Has experience with designing and constructing utility systems and facilities.
- Has experience collaborating with a team of manufacturing and engineering leaders to deliver small and large programs.
- Hasexperience with engineering tools and process to systemically design and startup existing and new technology.
- Has excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Thrives in a deadline driven environment.
- 5-10 years of experience in Utilities Systems Design and Management
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferablyin Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with understanding and manipulating data related to utilities equipment and facilities management
- Experience in maintaining facility equipment and maintaining safety protocolsin cGMP industry setting
- Experience with troubleshooting, repair, and preventative efforts on mechanical equipment
- Team management experience (Ability to mentor and provide growth recommendations)
- Ability to relocate to Greensboro NC or already be located there.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: