Do you have a passion for raising the bar on quality standards and delighting customers every single day? Are you ready to enable our business to bring out their best? If so, this could be the opportunity for you...
About the role:
As a Technical Quality Pharmaceutical you will responsible for maintain the compliance of pharmaceutical, food, food supplements and cosmetics products registered in Central America countries according to technical information submitted in the marketing authorization to Health Authorities in each country.
• Governs and coordinates the Quality Assurance in the Region Central America Countries in connection with the respective Business and Operations Unit.
• Promoting a Quality Culture through the PHCI Organization to ensure the Quality of the products sold in the region fully meet customer's expectations and applicable requirements.
• Develop and implement the Quality Systems with proper management, with focus on the key elements of product Quality and Regulatory Compliance.
• Provide direction and leadership, including final decisions and recommendations on Quality matters to ensure the organization operates in adherence with both internal and external regulations, policies and processes
Scope of the job:
• Develop appropriate strategies to maintain compliance regulatory.
• Review/coordinate and approve all information submitted from the portfolio in Guatemala as a Technical Director and in Central America Countries is needed.
• Report Quality Key Performance indicators.
• Implement the Corporate Quality Standards in its area.
• Release the product to the market.
• Raise all quality problems to the QA (quality assurance) leader.
• Perform the risk management of the main activities under your responsibility (CMO _ Contract Manufacturing Organization, 3PL _ Third Party Logistics, warehouse, etc.).
• Management of training to the personal on GMP/GDP matters; deviations, compliant, change control, investigations, CAPAs (Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions) and follow up to Audits. All of them must be closed on time.
• Lead the inspection process in the warehouse. It can be delegated to supporting functions.
• Lead product recall as needed.
• Receive and lead Good Distribution Practices Audits from Health Authorities.
• Approve change on artworks or new ones. About us We produce globally recognised brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and we would like our applicants to be passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment.