Begin a meaningful career right here
NEMC Site System Application Owner
Do you excel at multi-tasking? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? We’re looking for a great teammate who knows how to lead during business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
The Site System Application Owner will be responsible for the interface between the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and the Warehouse Controls System (WCS) in an automated warehouse.
Role Description & Requirements:
- Technical and Functional leader for the WMS and WCS at the site. Point of contact for automation vendors, external and internal resources.
- Technical experience in JDA WMS.
- Technical experience with WCS and associated interfaces.
- Working knowledge of the WCS for Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), conveyors and automated case picking technology.
- Ability to maintain standardization in technology, programming, etc.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including SAP, Excel, Word & email.
- Ability to interface, solve problems, manage multiple priorities and implement solutions collaboratively with multiple interfaces.
- Develop and support training & qualification material for end-users.
- Own work process documentation.
- Build personal mastery in above requirements and develop capability in other site resources.
- Ability to work independently and with multi-functional teams.
As an advanced-level technician, we expect you to be a leader and mentor of a work team and/or technical expert of systems and equipment.
About our Technician Teams:
Technician work teams are responsible for keeping the operation flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. Technicians do various types of work, including automated vehicle recovery & restart, work flow management, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. Technicians are expected to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
Technician roles will also include different work responsibilities such as creating operating standards, enabling the proper validation of equipment specifications, creating training materials, etc. Technicians are assigned to different departments, and each department builds the capability in their technicians to accomplish the business needs and limited travel may be required to enable such plans.
To perform the work described above in our distribution operations, technicians use basic hand and power tools, lift up to 50 pounds from floor to chest level; climb stairs and ladders, stand, twist, turn and bend, enter confined spaces, and stand and walk on concrete floors for an extended period of time. Further, technicians have and can display skills in the automated distribution operational processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and knowledge of computers. Additionally, the safety of technicians is of great importance to Procter & Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, wherever these things are required.
P&G’s Northeast Mixing Center (NEMC) is located in Shippensburg, PA, just one mile north off of Interstate 81 from exit 24 on Highway 696. The site operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week on a rotational shift schedule. Full benefit and compensation packages including paid holidays; paid vacation; life, medical, dental and disability insurance; 401K savings plan; company-paid profit sharing plan; and a clean work environment.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education.
- Have a 2-year Associates or trade school degree or experience in a similar field field.
- Are willing to work rotating shifts once the site is in normal production.
- Are willing to wear eye protection, hearing protection and safety shoes.
- Be capable of operating material handling equipment, including fork lifts, high-reach trucks and automated pallet jacks.
- Are able to provide your own transportation to and from the site and/or local facility for testing and interviewing.
- Be willing to travel up to 25% of work days in the first year of employment for company-paid training and on-boarding.
Just so you know:
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor applicants for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: