Begin a meaningful career right here
P&G Professional - Account Manager - Houston, TX
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in about 80 countries, building 65 trusted brands that make life better for 5 billion consumers in more than 180 countries. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
From Day 1, you’ll help fulfill our purpose of improving lives for 5 billion consumers in 180 countries through leading, billion-dollar brands. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage our multi-functional teams to work together to come up with new ideas to address challenges we face.
Do you want to be in the driver’s seat selling our global leadership brands? Do you want to build long-term business relationships with our customers? Then Sales at Procter & Gamble is the right place to kick-start your career and leadership development.
P&G Professional is a leading manufacturer and marketer of away from home products. P&G Professional Account Managers manage our business with foodservice distributors, restaurants, schools, and other institutions. They develop business building ideas and sell these ideas to our accounts, as well as manage their implementation. They market products which will enable customers to meet their consumers' needs in the "away from home" food area. P&G Professional Account Managers are part of a multi-functional Customer Team which includes experts in Finance, Logistics, Marketing, and Information Systems to provide the resources needed to develop a new and successful way of doing business.
We are looking for individuals who are leaders and have a history of making things happen. We are seeking candidates who are analytical thinkers and problem solvers, as well as excellent communicators. We are looking for someone who can set priorities and follow through on commitments, as well as demonstrate creativity, innovation, and initiative. Previous experience in the foodservice sales area is a plus, but not required.
Account Managers are expected to influence the customer's marketing, finance, logistics, and other critical business decisions. Our selling begins with developing a concept - a new way of looking at events or business - then pulling together the information to explain the concept and finally persuading our account to accept the recommendation for one or more specific courses of action. Account Managers are expected to become knowledgeable in advertising, promotions, finance, and merchandising, as well as develop expertise in areas such as product knowledge and technical support.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years of outside sales experience
- Work will be done in the Houston, Texas andsurrounding area; residencein the local market territory required
- Availabilityfor some overnight travel
Preferred, but not required:
- Spanish proficiency
- Experience in a field-based sales position
- Previous experience in the food service sales area
- Experience in the healthcare, hospitality, distribution, cleaning, or JanSan industries
This is important to note:
- All P&G Professional personnel are salaried (no bonus or commission) and salary progression is based strictly on merit. The Company pays all business expenses and provides required business equipment, such as Company car and laptop computer.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&GLeadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: