Begin a meaningful career right here
Production Technician Chemist
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, lab technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a lab technician, you will conduct problem analyses, investigations, instrument/method troubleshooting, and issue resolution as necessary.
MEANINGFUL WORK ON DAY 1
We do various types of work, including operating lab testing equipment, using computers to track/monitor data, perform preventive maintenance on equipment, identify/improve procedures/results, develop individual capability, and help others improve their capability. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
WE OFFER YOU:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job:
Able to perform daily bench work, are responsible for ensuring raw materials and finished product are tested according to standards and determine disposition of materials and finished product to support supply chain needs.
- Implement safety, quality and improvement procedures
- Develop and conduct quality assurance programs
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently, and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in-process and finished product, analyze results, and determine if finished product attributes comply with manufacturing standards
The Iowa City Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
Preferred work experience or certification:
- Have a BA/BS in Chemistry
- Successfully completed these college courses: General Chemistry, Qualitative Chemistry, Quantitative Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Course in Analytical Instrumentation, and 2 years of Algebra and/or Calculus
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience working in Analytical Lab, with experience in titrations, extractions, pH, viscometers/rheology, HPLC, IC, GC, IR, UV/VIS, and Compendial testing.
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
- Relocation is generally not paid
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: