Begin a meaningful career right here
Purchasing Intern (Start January 2019)
What would you be doing?
- Analyzing sourcing markets and developing expertise in those markets.
- Developing strategies for sourcing that would increase our innovation pipeline, driving costs down, and influencing industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiating the right deals, with the right suppliers, for the right reasons.
It is very likely that:
- You will participate as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of the Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market. Building sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines;
- You'll have to evaluate our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
- You will work with internal P&G customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and supply availability issues. As you identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, you'll drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
You are qualified if:
- Your are a top talent, current university student that preferably has less than two years to graduate (Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering)
- Available to do full internship for 3 months from Mid January 2019-Mid April 2019
- Your are an excellent visionary, strategic and fearless leadership skills
- Your display strong teamwork, analytical skills, problem solving and solutions oriented mindset especially during issues
- You have an ability to drive innovation and brand growth
- Your are English proficient (written and spoken).
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: