Begin a meaningful career right here
Associate Tax Manager
Did you know that at P&G in Finance&Accounting (F&A) department you can play a pivotal role in guiding the success of our global brands?
In F&A, we have a big agenda that spans across our entire business. From managing the profitability of one of our brands to being a key financial leader at one of our manufacturing operations or in our cutting-edge shared services organization, your impact will be felt across the company. Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Taxes and more – we’re looking for the best of the best to lead our business partners.
As an Associate Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all fiscal related matters including but not limited to providing support in preparation of fiscal accounts and fully responsible for preparation of tax returns for all legal entities in Pakistan, liaison with tax advisors and functional leader in finalization of tax assessments, advising business on tax related matters and developing tax audit preparedness plan.
Providing support to business, developing business knowledge and support to Finance Manager remains key elements in job scope.
- Review of fiscal accounts and preparation of tax returns in time for all legal entities in Pakistan.
- Ensure all tax compliance matters for all legal entities in Pakistan.
- Prepare quarterly tax forecast for all legal entities based on US GAAP and Local GAAP.
- Handling tax audit with timely communication to regional tax and management.
- Finalization of open assessment years which includes liaison with tax advisors, providing relevant details in response to queries from tax department after discussion with Regional Tax Manager.
- Keeping update record of all issues relating to open assessment years and providing assistance to tax advisors in finalizing the issues involved.
- Liaison with lawyers in cases where High Court/Supreme Court is involved.
- Preparation of monthly summaries of tax developments and other reports required by Regional Tax.
- Share issue sheets with clear background, current position and next steps in timely manner for all tax issues.
- Review of business processes, contracts to comment on tax related clauses and highlight any exposure.
- Monitor fiscal developments in the country and suggest improvements in local procedures/processes to avoid any exposure on compliance or costs and capture any potential tax incentives in the country.
- Monitoring P&L and balance sheet tax accounts on a monthly basis and liaison with TCO team to ensure appropriate provision of tax.
- Calculation and provision of quarterly tax entries to cover the tax liabilities and contingencies.
- Filing of quarterly and annual statements as required by Pakistan Income Tax Law.
- Deposit of quarterly and annual taxes for corporate taxes as per Pakistan Income Tax Law.
- Obtaining withholding tax exemption certificates and keeping record of taxes suffered at source to optimize tax payments in Pakistan.
- Reconciliation of taxes suffered at source as per ledger and as per receipts available.
- Review tax advisors and auditors costs with a view to keep them at minimum.
- Participate in Global and Regional Projects and requests
- Country SPOC for any TP related Matter/project.
- Ensure compliance/adherence with local laws to avail all available tax Incentives.
- Conducting trainings and go to person for all local interactions on tax.
What we will offer you?
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will have the ownership of your role from the beginning
- Recognized groundbreaking management skills – we offer you the opportunity to test your knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations and to obtain insights into the world of finance & business management;
- Continuous trainings and mentoring – you will work with passionate people and you will receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic, diverse and encouraging work environment
- Competitive salary package and benefits
What we are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant / ACA
- 1+ year post qualification working experience in audit and taxation firms is preferable e.g. including but not limited to PWC, ENY, KPMG, Deloitte
- Very good speaking and written command of the English language
- Evidence of passion, leadership and achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities
- Problem solving via innovation & creativity
- Strong organizing and analytical thinking;
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multicultural environment
Just so you know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: