BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Do you want to transform materials for winning consumer experiences?
Then an Internship as Manufacturing/Engineering Intern in our Lima Plant might be the right place for you to gain this experience.
In our Manufacturing department, we produce consumer goods to supply our customers with high-quality product, on-time, and at a low cost. You will help us innovate to ensure the development and use of the most advanced technologies. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving problems.
Your Role in Manufacturing:
In this internship, you will have the opportunity to be on the production floor meeting different challenges. It's up to you to make decisions and the results of those decisions through. You will discover our leading technologies which are world-renowned. You will also discover the P&G standards and methods. In the end, you will build your own capabilities through the job experience, mentoring and training. Are you ready to take the challenge?
You will likely be placed in one of the following areas:
Production - Packing
Here you would work on getting our product into its final packaging and set up in pallets. The three priorities for packing departments are:
Your mission would be to:
- Make studies on performance loss (on equipment, skills, organization)
- Identify one or more key projects to achieve the performance targets of the packing line
- Establish methods for solving technical problems
- Systematize tools for maintenance and implement production management tools
- Work on the installation and startup of new equipment
Production - Making
This is the department that produces our products based on recipes from R&D. Your priority should be flexibility while delivering the product in time. As you do this, you will see opportunities for continuous improvement. We are hoping that you will help us to eliminate any loss in the various production stages.
In this department, you will:
- Make the study and analysis of performance loss (equipment, organization, skills)
- Ensure the communication between different departments (logistics, packing, projects etc.)
- Craft learning programs for operators and team leader to help them to develop their skills
- Establish systematization tools, simplify process and standardize work
In this final stage of the Supply Chain, don't think of the work as traditional warehousing and forklifts. We're transforming this environment with state-of-the-art robotics and automation to maintain our leadership position in the industry. You'll be employing advanced technologies to create flexible, customized solutions for our retail customers, maximizing both their order satisfaction and profitability.
In assuring the quality of all our products, you would work to ensure a consistent quality in line with customer expectations as well as in accordance with local laws and P&G guidelines. It validates all the formulas and equipment prior to production and is also responsible for the study of “non-standards” to improve our processes and training of the entire plant to quality principles.
You will ensure that the quality of the products is optimal. For this, you will:
- Develop the quality indicators and audits
- Support the production (especially on equipment validation, process etc.)
- Investigate " non-standard " and establish an action plan
- Participate in workshops within a multifunctional team
Health Safety & Environment
This team handles the environmental issues of the site, including working on our waste, destruction of defective products, water management and energy.
- Environmental Management Site (destruction of products, waste management)
- Conducting a study on the consumption of energy and water at the site and propose practical and sustainable solutions for improving and reducing energy consumption across our processes
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Continuous coaching & mentoring– We'll help you work with passionate people and receive both formal training and mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
We are looking for:
- Candidates seeking a BS/MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering are preferred
- Other BS or MS in Aeronautical, Environmental, and Civil Engineering degree may be considered
- Are 1-4 year away from Graduation (Engineering school/ Universities)
- Successful candidates will be willing to travel on the job
Just so you know:
- All positions are entry level management internships
- Procter & Gamble generally seeks to hire individuals that are in good standing at their university and/or field of study, this typically means people with an overall G.P.A. of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- The duration of our internships is 10 to 12 weeks starting around May or June. As an intern, you'll receive an internship allowance.
- We provide relocation support to get you where we need you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: