Push the next generation of products forward
Personal Healthcare Safety Toxicologist (m/f)
Egham, United Kingdom
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Personal Health Care is a rapidly growing and exciting business that includes OTC products and food supplements. This business has an aggressive plan for growth, desiring to reach more consumers with superior health and wellness products, via the introduction of new brands and products, global expansion of existing products and a strong innovation pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced Scientist to provide global Product Safety leadership for our Personal Health Care businesses in Europe and globally. The role will be based in the UK at our Greater London Innovation Centre within our Global Product Safety organization. The role will involve preparation of safety assessments to support global products and ingredients from innovation through to launch alongside development of product safety capability.
The job will require you to work effectively in a global context, across multiple functions including Research & Development, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Process, Technology and Communications. You will provide strategic insights to the business, and representing safety within multi-disciplinary internal teams, as well as with external scientists and regulators.
Your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading.
A highly motivated, skilled and agile individual is required in the role to support current and new product initiatives for Health Care in one or more categories, on a regional and global basis as required. Other key responsibilities include:
- Primary owner and accountable for category product knowledge including key safety issues and regulatory constraints in a Health Care context.
- Expected to independently design, execute, and interpret preclinical and clinical safety data. Ensuring consumer safety of regional and/or globally marketed Health Care products, as well as safety-related product claims.
- Partner with other key functions to enable timely, scientifically sound safety guidance and resolutions of safety issues as they arise.
- Partner with Consumer Relations, External Relations, Legal, Medical & Technical Affairs and Global Safety Surveillance and Analysis in communicating safety related information to consumers and medical professionals who contact P&G.
- Additional responsibilities may involve developing specific technical expertise, knowledge and methodologies for safety risk assessment for communication with academic, professional or regulatory communities.
What we are looking for:
Ph.D. in pharmacology/toxicology preferred, or an equivalent bioscience degree will be considered. Applicants must have an understanding of effects of drugs, chemicals, biological materials, etc. on biological pathways.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to enable effective collaboration. Proven ability to form strong partnerships with multiple customers and functions, both regionally and globally.
A passion to grow personal capability and technical mastery, and develop the organization. Desire to learn and develop a deep knowledge of toxicological risk assessment. Interest in sharing knowledge with others both locally and globally, and continually seeking innovative ways to capture learning through system and work process improvements.
Be open and flexible, able to demonstrate agility in responding to needs of the business and the organization. Have a demonstrated track record of embracing change, and being able to operate with discipline and flow-to-the-work to meet organizational and business objectives.
Fluency in the English language for verbal and written communication is essential.
What we offer you
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning
- Developing world-class skills on the job: you will develop category-specific product and safety risk assessment knowledge for Health Care businesses globally, including formulations, marketing and claims strategies, habits and practices knowledge, and safety risk assessment science.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- Continuous coaching – You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training, will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Benefits – You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
Good to know
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor..
Location: Egham, United Kingdom
Job Id: RND00003837
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: