Begin a meaningful career right here
Shift Line Technician (Mechanical Biased)
We are a leading company in the manufacture of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) making some of the world’s best loved brands like Gillette, Fairy and Oral. We are looking to hire motivated and high calibre experienced time served technicians at our London (West Thurrock) Site.
- Responding to break downs and production issues on the lines that require agile and flexible mechanical support
- Operate lines when needed as a line qualified operator in line with markets demand profile
- Supporting the line team in the planned maintenance execution, defect fixing, recording and execution of improvements of issues of a mechanical nature on production lines
- Maintaining and continuously improve the Maintenance Work Planning & Scheduling for the department where needed. Constantly looking for ways to improve their equipment, processes and systems
Please note, this is a shift role and required line operating responsibilities when needed.
What we Offer You
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/left balance: Competitive holiday allowance, overtime, P&G discount site, staff shop, local event tickets and more.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions – all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here:
To be considered for one of these roles, you must have the appropriate skill and capability from the following criteria:
- Be qualified to a minimum of ONC or C&G Part III to NVQ 3 Level.
- Have proven experience in a production environment related to Fast Moving Consumer Goods or similar industry.
- Have some experience in the following manufacturing processes including Process pumps, pressure relief valves, gearboxes, chain drives, conveying systems, palletisers, high speed bottling and powder filling lines, control valves, pneumatic logic systems.
- Experience in carrying out safety risk assessments
- Have a proven practical background of applying operational skills to solving production and equipment related issues
- Be willing and able to suggest and implement changes that will improve equipment reliability or throughput
- Proven experience in operational skills, good innovation skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
- A “can and will do” attitude with good communication skills and can work as part of a team
- Fluent ability to communicate in English
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: