Begin a meaningful career right here
Network Engineer - Information Technology
The IT Network Engineer L2, reports to a Senior IT Manager / NOC Team Lead based in Manila, Philippines, which is one of P&G’s IT strategic locations. Situated in Cincinnati and Manila, the NOC team is highly diverse and technically adept, covering 24x7x365 support for all P&G sites around the world. NOC is part of the Global Network Infrastructure team, providing several services and solutions from engineering, project delivery, architecture, analytics and supplier governance.
What Success Looks Like
- Deliver NOC’s IT Operational Excellence metrics and targets in, Incident, Change, Request Fulfilment and Event Management
- Build value and deliver NOC maturity initiatives via process improvements, automation, tools integration, and organization building
- Continuously build and develop personal and team capabilities and proficiency
- Performs NOC Core Operations via 24x7x365 follow the sun model, focusing on service restoration, client engagements, and proactive service improvements
- Participates and at times leads Crisis Team conference calls, able to drive solutions with multiple IT Operations teams
- Implements repeatable move, add, changes for LAN, WAN, Security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems are running and available
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers and external partners
- Creates knowledge-based documentations and deliver training to NOC staff and internal customers
- Initiates, drives and delivers continuous improvements
- Mentors junior engineers for technical and professional advancement, and continuously develops personal and team’s technical proficiency and capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 5+ year relevant experience, with preferred Network certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
- Knowledge and experience on Routers (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), Switches (LAN, VLAN, STP, BPDU, SVI, VSS), Wireless (Channels, Frequencies, DCA, EMI, Authentication), DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN, Voice (QoS, UDP), and Network Monitoring Tools
- Knowledge and experience on network infrastructure suppliers and service offerings such as Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Juniper, Riverbed, Zscaler, and Avaya
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT Service Management and/or IT Operations, standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Available to work a shift that includes a weekend day, including some holidays to support 24x7x365 coverage
- Strong communications and customer service skills, with ability to work in stressful situations and provide customer-facing support in a professional manner
- Strong analytical skills, able to breakdown complex data to find opportunities, recognize problems, draw logical conclusions, and drive continuous improvements
- Ability to produce, communicate and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Neurobion, Sangobion, Vicks, Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: