Begin a meaningful career right here
Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer
The Security Operations Center Engineer role requires the individual to work as part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team and help in monitoring the environment, identifying and responding to security threats that put the company at risk. The engineer will own leading-edge solution/s that are intended to improve the security posture of the company. With his/her domain expertise, the engineer is expected to provide thought leadership and provide sound technical mentorship on how to respond to security incidents
In addition, the individual is expected to have skills in data analytics, and preferably skills in programming, or scripting languages like Python, Perl, or Ruby.
- Own and operate most important security solutions designed to protect the company from cyber threats and attacks
- Lead in deploying new solutions and technologies to improve the security posture of the company.
- Continuous fine-tuning of our security solutions to reduce the occurrence of false positive and false negative alerts
- Act as L3 escalation point in analyzing and responding to security incidents from various security technologies and platforms.
- Perform platform health checks to ensure that our security solutions are operating effectively and efficiently
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce threat dwell time in our environment through automation, process simplification, among others.
- Work closely with the Penetration Test Team, Cyber Hunt Team, Threat Intel, and other internal organizations to achieve the shared vision of improving the company’s cyber security posture.
- Conduct incident response, identify vulnerabilities, and consult on remediation steps.
- Use tools to respond to incidents, and actively improve the cyber security posture of the company.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and influence others to follow policies and conform to standards and methodologies.
- Develop the technical skills of the junior SOC analysts in the team to empower them to be more effective and efficient in their roles
- Champion security standard methodologies across the organization
This role reports to a Senior IT Manager based in Manila, Philippines which is one of our Information Security hubs. We are proud to be a highly-diverse and technically-adept team with members from different countries, backgrounds and cultures.
How success looks like
Your success would be based on operational and project work you're doing, which would be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Your manager would provide full-support though continuous mentoring and coaching
Technical Competencies and Experience
Should have deep technical knowledge of the following:
- Malware Analysis – ability to perform complex analysis to understand the properties and behaviors of a malware and propose effective countermeasures and mitigation strategies
- User behavior Analysis – ability to piece together user activities to recognize patters of malicious behaviors
- Log Analysis and Correlation
- Enterprise Endpoint Security and Email Security
- Network Security (IPS/IDS), Security protocols and Operating Systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Cloud Security (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Preferably with relevant experience on key leading-edge security solutions such as Fire Eye, Proofpoint, Imperva, etc.
- Certification *Preferred* Requirements: CEH, CISSP, CCNA, OSCP
- Ability to work with diverse groups such as the Cyber Incident Response team (CIRT), Penetration Testing team, etc in order to mitigate a security threat
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to interact with key partners including Senior Management, ability to articulate security events in a concise and understandable manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical / IT field and / and at least 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- All Information Security roles require CISSP certification. Candidates without the certification must be able to pass the exam within the first 15 months of starting the role. P&G provides study preparation and exam cost coverage.
- Role requires working from the Procter & Gamble Manila, Philippines location.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: