Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Purchasing Manager
Overview of the job
People in Purchasing are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers. They translate the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of our consumers. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
As you join us, you will be placed within the Marketing Purchases organization as an Advertising Content Production Buyer. This role is reporting to the Philippines Purchasing Leader.
Whatsuccess looks like
As a Buyer for one of the largest advertisers in the world, you will have a significant influence in setting the course of our content production sourcing strategies.
Responsibilities of the role
- Spot and explore emerging trends and best-in-class content production approaches
- Build a robust supply network to meet internal business needs
- Create sourcing strategies to improve the value of the service by enabling cost efficiency & cash flow improvement
- Strike deals through negotiations or biddings
- Build effective working relationships with agencies and production houses
- Participate as a critical member of a cross-functional team to deliver a project
- Uphold compliance to P&G policies with all key internal and external partners
- Prior experience in the Advertising Production industry is preferred– either as a content producer, content sourcing professional within an advertiser or agency, agency producer, production house manager or production executive with (1) understanding of both the technical and commercial elements of content production and (2) relationships with production houses and agencies within any of the markets in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
- Able to develop strategic plans for our brand and sales teams and lead our multi-functional teams (Brand, Purchasing, Producers) to deliver more effective and efficient communication via leveraging industry relationships
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable to regularly engage in discussions with senior management within P&G and our suppliers. This includes acting as the subject matter expert, providing industry updates and forecasts, enabling business leadership in direction setting.
- Strong collaboration skills to operate not only within the complex cultural diversity inside P&G while working locally and regionally but also manage the external partners
- Strong integrity and values with ability to work through challenges in the advertising industry
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Neurobion, Sangobion, Vicks, Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: