Quality Control Microbiologist Lab Technician - Martinsburg, WV
Key work tasks:
- Samples, labels, and retains materials as indicated by the written procedures or instructions.
- Performs analysis for environmental monitoring, material, and product samples according to standard microbiological procedures and analyzes results to determine if they comply with manufacturing standards and support supply chain needs.
- Prepares and executes documentation for validation of equipment and test methods.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance and calibration as needed to enable the completion of analytical work.
- Confronts business related problems and conducts problem analyses, investigations, instrument/method troubleshooting, and issue resolution as necessary.
- Capability to actively and independently troubleshoot microbial related issues in the manufacturing facility and in the laboratory.
- Makes judgements based on knowledge and expertise as to the accuracy and reliability of microbiological results; identifies and reports problems with results to supervisor.
- Visually inspects, collects samples, and analyzes samples for acceptance of manufacturing areas for material receipt and processing.
- Collects samples for environmental monitoring of plant utilities and controlled production zones using appropriate techniques and equipment such as microbial air samplers.
- Coordinates with plant operations to ensure appropriate prioritization of work.
- Compliant with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
As a Successful Candidate, you will:
- Possess experience and knowledge of microbiological techniques/methods such as aseptic technique, media selection, preparation, and growth promotion, total viable count, gram stain, and identification.
- Understand basic principles for clean design of equipment and facilities and procedures/requirements for cleaning and sanitization.
- Interpret microbiological method procedures and safety instructions using standard microbiological terms and measures.
- Perform routine calculations pertaining to general laboratory practices and microbiological techniques (e.g. dilution, concentration, test results).
- Ability to develop and implement laboratory procedures relating to technical expertise, quality, and safety.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills with supervisor, other employees, and departments.
- Have the ability to work on a rotating shift schedule including weekends. Flexibility to be available for overtime and call-in as needed.
- Must have training and experience to work safely around laboratory equipment, biohazardous substances (BSL-1/BSL-2), and/or hazardous chemicals in manner that complies with safety and quality standards.
We will begin to review applications now, with an anticipate start timing in the spring/summer of 2018 to start at the Martinsburg, WV location.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Microbiology/Biology with a basic knowledge of microbiological techniques; or a B.S. degree in a closely related field with recommended course work of General Microbiology, Microbiology Laboratory, Medical Laboratory, Environmental Microbiology, Applied Molecular/Biotechnology/Microbiology, and 2 years of Algebra and/or Calculus
- Minimum of one year experience in a QC lab strongly desired.
- Be willing to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, wherever these things are required.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: