BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Beauty GPS Environmental Director
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
Are you looking for a position that offers a rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges? P&G is looking for a Beauty GPS Environmental Director.
Beauty GPS Environmental Director
This R&D leadership position is for an experienced environmental safety manager with life cycle assessment knowledge. The successful candidate will lead P&Gs Beauty sector environmental safety and sustainability group to provide strategic leadership for our R&D and business partners through strong scientific leadership and managerial vision.
The job includes the following key tasks:
- Leading the Beauty Business Unit environmental safety group
- Drives the end-to-end development, execution and communication of global product sustainability strategy, environmental risk assessment and regulatory ecotoxicology plans.
- Builds and drives the product sustainability expertise, tools, partnerships, and processes which will enable progress across the portfolio of beauty brands in partnership with corporate experts.
- Through the team of 3 direct reports supports technical and commercial functions in achieving their product sustainability targets and making strong, validated consumer-facing claims that are aligned with brand business strategies.
- Leads a matrixed team, knows how to build talent, and experience in developing team members.
- Drives organizational effectiveness by fostering understanding of the value within product sustainability and its alignment with business and brand strategies.
- Clearly delineates roles and responsibilities, and builds a positive, inclusive culture that drives simplification, eliminates redundant, non-value add work and streamlines process.
- Represents the company with external audiences, incl. trade associations, to demonstrate sustainability leadership.
Having the following profile will be a solid foundation to be successful for the job:
- Broad scientific knowledge in environmental safety and life cycle assessment with at least 10 years’ experience managing a team of scientists.
- Academic background in ecotoxicology or related environmental science with at least Masters degree and minimum of 5-8 years experience.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements related to ecotoxicological and environmental fate and effects, hazard and risk assessment, ecological modelling and notification obligations.
- Established network with other industry, CRO and regulatory experts in the field is a benefit.
- Strong collaborative leadership skills and/or a track record of training/developing colleagues would be paramount to success.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to concurrently lead and/or manage multiple complex projects in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to diverse groups at all technical levels.
- Demonstrated skills to manage multiple employees and projects in a matrixed and global organization.
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Self-directed with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective leadership capable of managing and developing subject matter expert.
Just So You Know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: