BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
P&G Ventures - R&D Packaging Engineer/Scientist
Research & Development (R&D) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G! Our mission is clear -- we deliver R&D to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our R&D professionals are diverse business leaders who apply R&D mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never imagined. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new ideas flourish and where your technical mastery is recognized and rewarded.
This Packaging Engineer role will be a part of the P&G Ventures organization, which is Procter & Gambles internal start-up studio designed to partner with entrepreneurs and inventors to create disruptive new products and brands within the consumer-packaged goods space. It is a fast-paced, learning culture that is focused on driving innovation and new business opportunities. Come join a high energy organization that stretches to do innovation differently! This role will be a part of a LEAN, multi-functional team leading the package development for new product entries under the Zeva brand. This will include partnering internally and externally in the design, prototyping and scale-up of new packages, and will span a variety of different packaging technologies (bottles, cartons, sprays, aerosols, etc).
As a packaging engineer in this space, your key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the consumer needs and translating these into new packaging designs in partnership with design and external suppliers
- Leading the packaging strategy development to meet project learning requirements and market entry
- Ownership of packaging deliverables and qualification of external suppliers to deliver new package designs for product launches.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be experienced in a variety of different packaging technologies (bottles, sprays, aerosols, cartons, etc) and have experience taking a design from concept to prototyping to scaling in market. Additionally, experience with printing/labels will be required to bring new products to market.
- Have a strong passion and leadership to develop packaging strategies for new product spaces to guide product innovation and development.
- Show entrepreneurial agility with the ability and passion for operating in new spaces. The nature work in P&G Ventures is that we work in areas new to the company and being productive in these spaces requires the ability to be agile as we learn and a willingness to do things differently.
- Execute against plans with a sense of urgency and executional excellence. High attention to detail with a bias towards action while operating with a LEAN mindset.
- Develop collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams for the iterative development of custom package designs and with Product Supply/external packaging suppliers in the delivery of these designs to market.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor or Master degree in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or other engineering or science degrees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required for presentations, creating multifunctional understanding & alignment, report writing, and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and technical skills and aptitude is a must. Experience with penetrating issues, planning and executing testing, summarizing data, interpreting results, and recommending next steps. Ability to ask technically probing questions to drive to root cause understanding.
- Must be a team player with strong collaboration skills including the ability to be the key package lead on multifunctional project teams working through issues with internal customers, plants, and suppliers.
- Currently resides within commuting distance of the office (Mason, Ohio) or has the ability to relocate to Cincinnati, OH
- 3+ years industry experience in packaging development in the consumer goods space
THE VALUE OF A P&G CAREER
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: