Begin a meaningful career right here
Infrastructure Operations Specialist
Cloud Operations Specialist - Database SME
This position is for a Cloud Computing DBA with specialization in NoSQL database platforms (e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra) along with prior experience in major relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL. The role will span the major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP), so a working knowledge of all environments is desired with deep experience in one environment being a must. The applicant should have at least 4-8 years of experience as a DBA on any combination of the platforms mentioned previously. Systems administration experience in the Windows/Linux environments is also desired.
Accountable for driving operational excellence to identify IT operational deficiencies and create solutions to automate repeatable processes/tasks to achieve consistent operational outcomes with high quality and efficiency. Responsibilities include designing and implementing standard operational processes/procedures (SOP) independently, collecting and reviewing systems-level performance metrics and insights, identifying, designing, building and implementing appropriate solutions to remediate operational deficiencies, providing Tier 2 or 3 support for incidents and problems, participating in emergency troubleshooting sessions with other teams as needed.
- Mid to senior level Cloud based NoSQL Database or equivalent experience in a cloud environment (4-8 years of experience)
- Mid to senior level SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL DBA or equivalent experience in a cloud environment (4-8 years of experience)
- In-depth knowledge on installing, configuring, and administering any NoSQL database platform (MongoDB, CosmosDB, RavenDB, CouchDB, GraphDB, etc.).
- Good understanding and experience on NoSQL database replication and sharding.
- Experience and knowledge on CRUD operations and writing and maintain complex database queries.
- Deep knowledge of at least one major public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), preferring certifications at the administrator or developer level (i.e. MCSA - SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience on migrating on-premise databases to IaaS or PaaS implementations on public or private cloud environments.
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of cloud, network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Systems Administration for Windows, Linux, and configuration management knowledge
- Monitoring and alerting tools, both cloud-native, third-party and custom (CMP)
- ITIL foundations knowledge or IT operations background
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Problem-solving attitude (blameless post-mortem)
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: