Begin a meaningful career right here
Warehouse Forklift Driver
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including running high-speed converting and packing equipment, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job:
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
- Technical deep understanding and initiative/follow through, professionalism, and integrity
- Be able to handle several variables or multiple priorities at a time
- Strong collaboration and communication, including across organizations
- Positive conflict resolution and response to constructive feedback
- The ability to operate with a sense of urgency and confidence (focused and motivated)
Job responsibility will include:
- Running manual packing lines
- Driving a forklift
- Controlling the process from a computer terminal
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment
- Executing material movements to the production lines or material storage locations
- Accurately accounting for all material transactions
- Working with warehouse and production teams to maintain cohesive, responsive, and flexible organization
- Understanding, following, and ensuring compliance with quality and site health safety & environmental requirements
- Actively driving improvements with their assigned Equipment/System ownership area
- Actively identifying and eliminating defects
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
- Follow all safety guidelines; such as, wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, in locations where safety equipment is necessary
We expect you will meet the following criteria within 90 days in the position:
- Qualified to drive a forklift
- Able to articulate site and production priorities
- Proven ability to hit efficiency targets
- Articulate safety and quality requirements of the job
- 100% attendance for scheduled shifts
Our Moreno Valley warehouse operates 7-days per week. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours daily. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate to any shift. Additional days/hours could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?MFG00006971
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: