Begin a meaningful career right here
Associate Manager India Government Affairs
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we're the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We've spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship.
The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.
To improve and protect P&G India’s reputation, competitiveness and shareholder value by achieving favorable outcomes through leveraging and influencing policy, legislation and regulation at the national, and local levels of government. Serve as a key support for P&G India externally, consistent with our global Purpose, Values and Principles. This position will report to Head- Global Government Relations & Public Policy, P&G South Asia.
- Indian with 5-6 years’ experience in Government Affairs at a multinational company and/or P&G background.
- A strong communicator (written & oral) and an experienced negotiator. Ability to analyze, articulate and proactively advocate a position for a Company. This requires a capacity to assimilate complex details quickly.
- Sound political judgment and a substantive working knowledge of the Indian government structure and political and legislation policy process. A background of government experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated management skills, specifically, a track record of success as a leader or agent for change.
- Professional maturity and ability to operate in a fast paced, competitive and adversarial work environment.
- Substantive understanding of business issues and the ability to quickly learn about the long-term commercial interests.
- Exhibits the highest levels of integrity.
- Is high energy and perseveres with tenacity.
- Is a self-initiator, versatile and assumes risk with responsibility.
- Enjoys people and has strong networking/interpersonal capabilities
- Understanding of P&G business and the External Environment: Understands the objectives and goals of P&G India business strategies and plans. Thoroughly understands the Indian Government structure as well as the political and policy making process.
- Builds network and close working relationship: Builds, maintains network and close working relationships with a wide array of Federal and State Government Departments and organizations, including rapport with the government officials at the Secretary and Under Secretary and Director General levels that is consistent with the trust and mutual respect and in line with the PVP of the Company.
- Leadership Skills: A self-starter who is proactive in identifying issues and opportunities to enhance P&G's growth and competitiveness; works hard individually and as a team; makes decisions that reflect positively on the credibility and reputation of P&G and identifies and develops the breadth and depth of resources within the Company to help do the job.
- Emerging Issues: The individual must be good in reading the political & legislative environment in the country and be able to identify emerging issues and challenges which affect the company’s profitability and competitive position.
- Crisis Management: Should be able implement and at time develop strategies and action plans to swiftly manage the Government interfaces (local, provincial, central) in resolving crises and issues with minimal impact on the company business and reputation.
- Strong Communication Skills – This individual needs strong communication, both in writing and orally in view of building effective stakeholders’ relationships and advocating P&G’s POV.
Dedication from us:
You'll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility, in creative work spaces where new ideas flourish. All the while, you'll receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. It is not just about what you'll do, but how you'll feel: welcomed, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and inspired.
What we offer:
- Continuous mentorship – you will collaborate with passionate peers and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and supportive workenvironment – employees are at the centre, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Just So You Know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: