BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Channel Manager- Sales Sub Distribution, Srinagar
This is a fixed term contract for 1 year, based out of Srinagar, Kashmir
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we're the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We've spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship.
The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters
The Channel Manager supports the Sub-D and Branch business for the site. This is achieved by leading the sales efforts of the organization by developing and maintaining a productive long-term relationship with the distributor, acquiring a deep understanding of the distributor’s requirements as well as acquiring an in-depth understanding of shoppers, categories and market, executing stewardship in their business at all times as aligned in the Impact Plan (Objective Setting) process. The Channel manager is also required to collaborate closely with the Distributor teams and resolve issues faced by the Distributor by acting as a link between the Distributor and P&G teams, ensuring optimum inventory management, market coverage and superior retail presence in line with P&G's Purpose, Values & Principles.
Role and Responsibility:
• In market selling to Distributors and delivery of monthly priorities
• Analyze territory business and sales fundamentals to identify opportunities and make action plans to bridge the gaps
• Review business and analyze daily reports to identify opportunities to improve business with stewardship guidelines
• Responsible for developing execution plan and selling for initiatives for the territory
Partnership to Win with Customer:
• Engage in Joint Business Planning with the distributor to develop regional business plans
• Plan, Sell, Execute and Review initiative plans for the territory
• Create, Communicate, and Review demand forecast and supply plan
Quality Market Coverage:
• Quality execution of Go to Market initiatives delivering targeted productivity and SBD.
• Plan, Deploy and Review retail execution programs.
• Interface with P&G and Customer teams to ensure service improvement, overseeing optimum inventory management.
Building BIC Sales Organization:
• Attend the Cluster Meets to review the business and plan out months priorities to deliver goals
• Plan, Execute and Review personal development plan with Manager to build SALES core competencies and experiences - specifically selling skills
• Support the distributor organization in developing selling skills where required
• Establish superior category expertise
• Establish understanding of shopper decision making
• Up to 5 Years Sales Experience with ~2 - 3 Years Experience working in FMCG Sales Education
• Graduate in any Discipline • Post-Graduation in Management (Preferably Sales / Marketing)
• Promotes a portfolio of products and services directly to customers
• Knowledge of FMCG Retail Landscape within the territory
• Value creation through Negotiation, questioning and objection handling
• Experience in Market Research will be preferred
• Knowledge of the local language will be preferred
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Clear understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning
• Strong analytical skills, creating and delivering data-driven plans
• Strong sense of integrity, with the courage to do what’s right
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: