Begin a meaningful career right here
Data Scientist TV Media
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we're the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We've spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship.
The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.
As a Data Scientist in P&G, you will be building algorithms / Analytic IP targeted at transforming strategic decisions and operations by bringing advanced analytics and cognitive science into our core work processes. You are accountable for understanding the wicked problems in organization, crafting new algorithms & advanced predictive & statistical models to solve identified problems and partner with other IT professionals to embed the models into new systems of activity that craft measurable business value.
This role is in Mumbai and you will be part of global Data Science team for P&G. You should own the above-mentioned work to achieve business goals, including engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of P&G to resolve problems and building algorithms.
Responsibilities of the role
- Demonstrate your skills on big data platforms and analytic tools to grasp the business building insights.
- Evaluate available data sources including data from industry tools, panels and internal systems, and propose strategic acquisition or crafting of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution.
- Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
- Identify and / or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modelling as required.
- Lead discovery processes with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes.
Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive
- Have Bachelor’s degree qualifications. Preferred (but not a requirement) disciplines include; Operations Research, Economic Theory, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science;
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as Data Scientist with proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes;
- Have at least 1+ year experience working with TV respondent level data as part of TV networks, or advertisers, or independent agencies
- Possess strong technical skills, comfortable with SQL, R and/or Python and having a strong understanding of mathematical background of various modeling approaches;
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Cloudera distribution), Hive / Impala, and Spark is required
- Strong leadership record, exhibiting both ability to engage clients and lead a team;
- Excellent written and good communication skills to influence others to act
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and possess thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
- Continuous mentorship – you will collaborate with passionate peers and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and supportive work environment – employees are at the centre, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Dedication from us:
You'll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility, in creative work spaces where new ideas flourish. All the while, you'll receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. It is not just about what you'll do, but how you'll feel: welcomed, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and inspired.
Just So You Know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: