Tax Manager - P&G India
Would you like to apply your education and skills in exciting and meaningful ways from day one? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
This is a unique opportunity to become a member of Taxation Team of P&G India a $1+ Bn company with responsibilities including compliance and planning related to Indirect Tax for multiple legal entities :
- To steer and lead Tax Planning projects to deliver competitive advantage to the company, by being 100% compliant and bring value proposition to the business.
- To provide Tax expertise on India business issues;
- To ensure 100% compliance of tax laws and build strong internal controls wrt tax in locations where P&G does business.
- To look for ways to improve / reengineer compliance processes for maximum efficiency.
- To assess and ensure the optimum financial coverage, through appropriate local as well as US GAAP accounting.
- To develop future functional leaders, through appropriate mentoring.
About the role:
Stewardship : Compliance & Controls
- Overall responsibility and control of India Indirect tax
- Develop strong control systems on tax compliance
- Frequent review of CSA’s and health check of business structures to ensure tax compliance
Business Leadership : Defense & Tax Planning
- Identify, initiate and manage tax planning opportunities/ideas in line with global policies, and work with outside counsel, global/regional tax groups/business units within P&G both at planning and implementation stages
- Lead tax planning to deliver competitive advantage
- Provide proactive advice and counsel on questions relating to tax implications affecting the company business including restructurings, projects and plans
- Monitor laws and advise the senior management.
- Design the right tax structures for new projects / initiatives in line with global P&G policies
- Lead and manage litigations.
- Master the facts and applicable laws
- Help Management strategize tax litigations/issues
- Effectively liaise with outside counsels and solicitors on tax matters
- Represent the company before the tax authorities when deemed necessary
- Represent the Company in industry associations wrt tax matters
- Establish an internal network of search and re-apply of tax planning ideas
- Lobby with the government for tax benefits
- Overall supervision and control of tax defense
- Advise business units on pricing , invoicing, new initiatives and promotions which includes :
- understanding/ensuring business transactions are consistent with company’s corporate/regional/global plans/policies
- delivering on any tax value added (cash or net income) planned for the Company
- providing direct input into marketing, sales and supply chain functions and on all tax issues that affect pricing, sourcing and distribution
- Tax technical support, trainings and guidance to tax team
- Tax group career planning and development
- Enable tax organisation links with the business group
- Energize and motivate tax organization
- develop a winning organization
We are looking for:
- Commerce Grad +Chartered Accountant /Cost Accountant
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an FMCG company or Tax advisory/accountancy firm.
- In-depth knowledge of India Tax Laws and Practice and working knowledge of international taxation principles, concepts and practice
- Able to apply the technical knowledge to solve business issues
- Able to work independently
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to think “out-of-the-box”
- Good accounting knowledge/skills. Awareness of general legal principles/concepts
- Very strong project management skills. Able to see planned ideas right through to implementation stage
- Very strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Able to articulate ideas and analysis of issues to all levels of management.
- Continuouscoaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your coach and manager
- Dynamicandrespectfulinternationalworkenvironment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- A competitivecompensationpackage, in line with your qualifications and experience
Just so you know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: