Begin a meaningful career right here
Assistant Media Specialist
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are currently looking for a collaborative individual with a bias towards action to join our Fabric Care Media team as an Assistant Media Planner located in New York City. As part of the media team you will work closely with the brand and creative teams to build and execute strategies to bring to life our brand purpose and business goals. To be successful in this role you should have a passion for media (TV/video, mobile, banner, search, social, publishing, programmatic and branded entertainment). It would also be helpful if you have a foundational marketing acumen and a basic understanding of media vehicles and channels.
- Assist with the preparation, development, execution, and monitoring of media plans for the category
- Assist with the maintenance of flowcharts, monthly budgets, authorizations, delivery recaps, competitive analyses, and billing
- Project manage billing reconciliation with buying agency
- Contribute to execution of Digital campaigns including campaign set up and optimization in Social and Programmatic platforms
- Pull and format reporting data from various platforms including MediaTools, DCM and Social platforms and monitor campaign pacing
- Oversee and steward trafficking and tagging across all media types (Digital, TV, Radio, etc.) and ensure Account teams have appropriate specs and accurate creative is being used (key point to of coordination with Ad Ops, Investment teams and account team from creative agencies)
- Create and maintain records of plans, insertion orders, schedules, etc.
- Gather information and conduct initial data assessment to be used in developing media plans, such as demographic profiles, media usage habits, media costs
- Project manage cross-category work
- Other responsibilities as needed; assembly of presentation materials, meeting setup, coordination with outside suppliers where relevant and other administrative tasks
- Assist in the evaluation of media opportunities
The Ideal Candidate
- Works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment
- Can apply media expertise to lead and develop best in class media plans, approaches and delivery.
- Navigates effectively through complex issues, leveraging expertise and business understanding to recommend solutions. Gains alignment to recommendations and oversees execution.
- Has experience managing multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities, balancing short and long term needs and implications.
- Can creatively envision solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Can continuously learn and build media expertise while becoming fluent in “P&G”
- Will keep current with what’s going on in the industry (industry periodicals, email newsletters, websites)c
- Has strong communication skills: Able to influence and educate by presenting multiple viewpoints. Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications. Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner. Organizes ideas and information logically and sequentially. Demonstrates active listening skills and ability to apply knowledge over time.
- Bachelor's degree
- Located in New York City or ability to relocate yourself there at your own expense.
- Knowledge of server-based software and tools or the ability to learn them.
- 1 year of media industry experience with the desire to learn more about media planning and activation.
- Analytics experience.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: