Begin a meaningful career right here
Research & Development Innovation Manager (M/F)
Are you passionate about the science behind products? Are you excited by translating breakthrough innovations into successful businesses? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
We are looking for a passionate and innovative scientist in the early stages of their career to join our Fabric & Home Care Process Development team in Newcastle upon Tyne. This is a unique opportunity to join the team developing some of the world’s best loved brands such as Ariel, Fairy and Tide.
- Lead organisation change to fully leverage LEAN and Agile innovation principles across Process Development and multifunctional teams
- Develop and screen new process innovation ideas using Lean innovation principles, including the holistic business opportunity
- Develop the process development and scale-up of the best ideas
- In time, lead process qualification and commissioning in full scale production facilities
- Lead multifunction teams and coach/develop others
- This role will eventually include people management responsibility so we are looking for people who are comfortable with managing teams or have demonstrated leadership in previous roles
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Compensation & Benefits. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – demonstrated through work and previous experiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English for common business are a must
- Curious about new innovation models and willing to challenge status quo.
- Able to work independently, multi task and perform in a high achieving environment
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- A very strong candidate would have additional digital skills such as: knowledge of python, SQL or developing data bases and architectures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?”
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.”
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: