BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Software Engineering Lead
Software Engineering Lead
Location: Newcastle, UK
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
We are actively looking for a Software Engineer to join our My P&G Services (MyPGS) department in Newcastle upon Tyne as a Senior IT Manager!
You will work on the design, development, and deployment of our top-tier development capabilities whereby you will be responsible for owning core components of product deliveries and ensuring their quality and test coverage.
With us you will:
- Mix software engineering best practices with complex business problems to create best in class solutions that are scalable, documented, robust and supportable.
- Creating custom applications to deliver employee functionality while interacting behind the scenes with enterprise systems like Workday, SAP, ServiceNow and others to deliver top employee experiences.
- Solving problems in a HR domain that spans Global Payroll, Expat, Tax, Relocation, Talent, etc.
- Working closely with a team to deliverer end to end employee facing products
- Maintaining a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while delivering on needed improvements
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers through code reviews and other means.
- Take abstract business problems and deliver quality solutions with to give clear answers on the why behind technology decisions
Apply if you have:
- Professional experience in AWS Serverless (Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFront, SQS, Event Bridge etc)
- Development experience
- Python for backend
- React JS for frontend
- CICD with GitHub Actions
- A desire to build fully automated applications with global availability
- Experience with REST APIs and Event Driven architectures
About us and what we offer you:
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
At P&G, Day 1 starts with you making an impact on the world, P&G brands, and your career.
You will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility of your part of projects. We will offer you world-class training and development to help you become a leader in your field. And it’s not just about what you will do, but how we will make you feel: encouraged, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and confident.
You can also expect:
- Opportunity to help create a best-in-class modern application development and engineering organization following team topologies
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionise the employee experience at P&G
- Competitive salary and benefits programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come and join us!
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: