Begin a meaningful career right here
Sales Account Manager
Are you a leader? How would you like to help develop the strategy and improve the business models of global companies? Do you have an ambitious spirit, a real passion for winning, and an interest in traveling? If you have proven analytical skills and are seeking a rewarding job which will allow you to grow personally and professionally, then come be a sales manager with us!
We are looking for someone with the ability to help us build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with others.
Our goal is to develop our joint business with retailers, creating categories and brand plans that delight shoppers in-store and online, through building collaborative working relationships and deep business understanding. If you want to work in a dynamic multi-functional team environment, in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry, with real business responsibility for iconic consumer brands, then this is the opportunity for you!
This role reports to the relevant Customer Team Leader based in Melbourne, which is one of head offices in Australia. We are proud to be a highly diverse and technically adept team with members from different countries, backgrounds and cultures.
What success looks like:
- Successful delivery of the business' critical metrics
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the business’ promotional plan and selling presentation
- Understand existing solutions that the business offers and able to articulate these well to all partners
- Achieve solid category understanding
- Achieve high customer penetration
- Capable of starting strategic projects to drive sales growth and efficiencies
- Support business champions in business process changes and, where needed, driving them to requirements for application changes
- Developing, selling, implementing, and evaluating business plans to meet or exceed financial goals
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Operations, among others) to develop strategies and plans
- Managing and improving distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising
- Translate Business Plans into measurable selling points for the customer
- Develop productive working relationships with key customer contacts and sell mutually effective business plans
- Turn raw data into meaningful conclusions
- Use analytical tools and integrate various data systems to develop new insights
- Provide input into retailer category strategy
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, including New Zealand citizens
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, in any field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant FMCG and ideally with grocery experience.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation, and initiative
- Proven ability of critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel on the job
- Basic financial knowledge
- Must be available to commence work from June 2020
Keep in mind: Pay is based on experience and capability. You are expected to be able to move/relocate throughout your career as we manage careers across our global business.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: