BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Oxnard Plant Health, Safety and Environmental Leader
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are seeking a highly motivated leader who will make a difference leading the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E). In this role you will provide Health, Safety, and Environmental leadership and support to Oxnard Paper Plant Procter and Gamble (P&G) site via technical mastery and site-specific coaching. You will continue building and strengthening Oxnard HS&E capability to meet P&G expectations, lead various action plan focus items, and implement regulatory compliance programs. You will be a key partner with HS&E, engineering, and manufacturing resources in delivering new business initiatives meeting environmental and sustainability objectives.
Focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- Leading site HS&E and sustainability programs
- Developing HSE team and Operations skills and capability
- Creating and implementing focused action plans with emphasis on HS&E performance, legal and regulatory compliance, and site sustainability objectives
- Evaluating projects for HS&E and sustainability effects
- Leading external agency relations
A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Occupational Safety, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar degrees (or other related degree and/or work-related experience).
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Environmental Engineering and/or OSHA
- Strong Leadership Skills - Ability to lead and implement an improvement across a broad/diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with autonomy and lead groups to drive improvements
- Able to evaluate HS&E needs, develop action plans
- Able to energize site resources
- Able to influence plant leadership and direction, and lead work successfully with internal and external resources
- Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills: ability to communicate action plans, strategies, and help requests to the right people with the appropriate sense of urgency to drive action
- Strong Technical Mastery: basic knowledge of environmental systems and requirements including waste, air, and water
- Basic knowledge of environmental systems and requirements including waste, air, and water
- Ability to learn additional mastery skills across other HS&E disciplines and ability to coach others in your area of expertise
- Program Management: knowledge or experience in regulatory program and compliance management, interpreting regulatory requirements, and developing solutions to meet those requirements
- Familiar with California Air and Water Regulations, preferred
- Travel is expected to be 5-10% of the role
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: