BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Engineering Project Manager
Responsible for the coordination and execution of specific project activities, varying from a portfolio of smaller projects (typically 4-5) to full ownership of a larger scale project. Applies technical leadership skills to deliver successful Capital projects with benchmark capital cost, schedules, and high quality products which meet their defined success criteria.
- P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We are currently looking for a passionate and technically savvy individual to join our P&G Product Supply (PS) Technical Systems Group (TSG) as a Project Manager in our Fabric Care plant located in beautiful Central Louisiana. P&G’s Alexandria Plant is in Pineville, LA and is the 3rd largest plant globally. We commit not only to driving value to the business but promoting an attentive safety and quality culture with a commitment of nothing we do is worth getting hurt and ensure we are positively impacting our customers and consumers 1st and 2nd moments of truth.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Responsible for the coordination and execution of specific project activities, varying from a portfolio of smaller projects (typically 4-5) to full ownership of a larger scale project. Applies technical leadership skills to deliver successful Capital projects with benchmark capital cost, schedules, and high-quality products which meet their defined success criteria.
- Technical Project Management experience including troubleshooting and optimization.
- Startup Management
- Mechanical systems design and collaboration with engineering contractors
- Evaluate equipment and process to reduce costs and improve production rates
- Design and test technical scope, Vendors and on the production site
- Ensure designs comply with safety and quality standards
- Ensure processes comply with cleaning and sanitization standards
- Ensures equipment is appropriately qualified and/or validated for intended use, works with Quality and Technical Groups to develop and execute protocols.
- You will lead a team of internal and external resources in the installation and startup of projects.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who:
- Partner with our Regional Engineering Delivery organizations and Manufacturing around the globe to transition initiatives at PC and enable flawless design and execution.
- Lead a variety of projects which will include leading design and delivering equipment to enable key liquids and/or solids packing transformations while others will involve identifying savings or productivity improvements. Responsibilities will include providing technical leadership of projects from feasibility through design and construction in addition to start-up.
- Collaboratively work with SUD Technical and Commercial communities to enable the business to meet growth and profitability goals. Design initiatives to enable global rollout in an efficient and cost-effective manner while maintaining equipment platform standards.
- Development of scope, cost, and schedule for global initiatives as well as current business savings and capacity projects.
- Champion the use of standardized Engineering work processes and Manufacturing methodologies. In particular: EWP, SIMPL, RE, and GSUM.
- Expert in Project management and experience with designing and constructing Mechanical Systems
- Experience collaborating with a team of manufacturing and engineering leaders to deliver small and large programs and use of engineering tools/process to systemically design and startup existing and new technology
We are looking for someone with an Engineering degree in the field of:BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering field
- Have Project Management experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Production processes and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of manipulating multiple data sources
- Significant experience with designing and installing equipment in cGMP industry setting
- Significant experience with troubleshooting and repair of liquids making equipment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with Project Management and Engineering Design
- Technical Mastery: Demonstrated success in leading design, fabrication, and startup of new packing equipment. Proven track record of quickly learning new technologies and applying fundamental engineering and project management skills to deliver business results. Proficiency in key work process (Project Management, EWP, RE, SIMPL, IQ/OQ/PQ, GSUM). Knows which Engineering tool to use and can integrate the tools to efficiently move projects forward. Technical penetration and attention to detail are essential.
- Proficiency with process validation and MOPD is a plus. Fundamental PM certification is also beneficial in this role.
- Collaboration & Communication -Demonstrated ability to communicate & collaborate well with others, both written and orally across both business and technical functions. This candidate should value diversity and be able to effectively interact with people from all geographies and cultures. Need to have the capability to influence others at all levels with the presentation of data to drive good business decisions. Strong interest in working as part of a Global team to deliver results.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead and influence multifunctional teams and hierarchy. Strong skills in personal leadership, priority setting, and communication to adeptly lead projects leveraging clearly crafted learning plans, CPS's, and base plans to deliver the overall project intent. Has provided functional leadership on a project, team, or capability area. Has demonstrated personal accountability for key business results
- Agility: Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities, anticipate and positively respond to rapidly evolving direction. Demonstrated ability and willingness to flow to the work across the category to support business needs while maintaining a focus on results.
- Innovates & Reapplies - Demonstrated track record of improving existing technologies either via reapplication and optimization of industry benchmark technology or through innovation.
- Builds Capability: Builds technical capability in self and others. Able to effectively coach/train others in technical information. This may include developing technical training for manufacturing or coaching and developing peers and plant engineers.
- Operates with Discipline: Has displayed an inherent quality of being methodical and thorough in approach with systems, standards, learning from experience. Ability to follow standard work processes. Demonstrated ability to develop learning plans, project execution plans and schedules and deliver against them. Demonstrated ability to Work with equipment vendors to define requirements, specifications, complete a vendor equipment technical assessment and complete VATs (Vendor Acceptance Tests).
- Strong engineering aptitude. Effective time management skills: Ability to manage multiple priorities/deliverables/responsibilities; Technical drawings and standards interpretation; EWP; GSUM+; Ability to understand and utilize RE in addition to modeling results
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems. Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs. Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being. Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax®, Tide® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: