BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Power, Controls & Information Systems Senior Manager
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Meaningful work on Day 1
From day 1, you'll be a key member of the engineering team delivering new product and process innovations. You will be helping seek the most difficult automation challenges to bringing our “Factory of the Future” vision to life. Controls engineers at P&G are THE glue that help build the digital landscape for all production equipment and help drive Industry 4.0 emerging technologies, digital manufacturing, and future automation trends, and including best in class online & offline quality inspection systems to enable superior innovation and products for the consumers.
You will have full ownership to deliver change and results from the beginning by executing the following items: Designing Equipment, Request for Quotes, Creating/Updating Design Basis, Writing IQ/OQ Plans, Writing VAT Plans, Executing VAT, Troubleshooting, Programming, Writing EIs (installation instructions), Guiding Construction, Confirming Construction Execution Quality and Driving better solutions.
As a PC&IS Engineer, you will:
Be a critical part of the Fabric Care Alexandria PC&IS team and will execute projects for the category by leveraging advanced controls and information systems in compliance with P&G Cyber Security standards. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We believe the following skills will help you be successful:
- Process and/or Machine Control experience
- Proven expertise with sensors, motors, PLC’s, and industrial automation
- Robotics, Machine Vision, and/or Networking skills are a plus
- Programming knowledge and experience desired, i.e., Python, Labview, Java, C#, etc.
Technical Mastery:You should have a strong technical background and/or curiosity to troubleshoot hard problems and develop new solutions. Have real passion for integrating technologies to enable the future of Digital Manufacturing via Industry 4.0 technologies, Data, and Analytics.
Agility:Ability to quickly embrace and adapt to changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
Builds Diverse and Collaborative Relationships:Development of relationships will be critical to your success in supporting the business. You will work seamlessly across global engineering organizations and production sites.
We offer you
Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership to deliver change and results from the beginning.
Dynamic and respectful work environment.At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Continuous coaching.You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including a competitive pension, share ownership scheme and private healthcare.
Technical leadership in supporting the OU core business and initiative delivery. Acts as a key enabler in leading and delivering results against challenges. Provides an opportunity to be an integral part of executing projects for the category by leveraging new advanced controls, robotics, information systems and Cyber Security technologies.
Are you ready to join our Engineering team?
- BS/MS Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Systems, Electrical degrees are preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership, business problem definition, and priority setting skills
- An aptitude for communicating insights and collaborating across teams/organizations
- Strong technical mastery in PC&IS technologies, including Continuous Process Control, Instruments, Control Logix PLCs, Safety PLCs, Wonderware, Motion Control, Vision Systems, Networks, Drives, Sensors, Server Technologies, and Global, Regional and Local Electrical Design Codes that govern applicable equipment and installation practices. Experience with Power & Electrical Drawing, Electrical Tools, Hardware, Programming Structure, PLC/HMI Software, Drive, HMI, Proficy, Machine Safety, Mechatronics, Web Handling, Pneumatic and Printing Control Loops and industrial PLC, especially with Rockwell Control Logix platforms. Experience with the P&G Electrical Specification, Programming standards including OPERA, Universal Pack, and PackML, A3M, UPack are a plus.
- Leadership in developing technical PC&IS solutions that address evolving business needs. Applying EWP (Engineering Work Process), or like, to achieve vertical startups on critical projects. Manage PC&IS engineering contractors (design & programming) to meet requirements for an on-going project workload. Attend design reviews and project related meetings to have a clear understanding of project deliverables and discuss strategies to meet P&G PC&IS Safety/Platform Standards.
- IT knowledge including, virus and malware protection, network segmentation, access control, firewalls, developing disaster recovery plans, conducting cybersecurity audits at the sites.
- Digital Enterprise Technologies are needed to enable the Business and the PC&IS Site Leader is key in comprehending not only the value of implementing technology but is critical in developing and communicating the strategy on how to adopt, build capability and maintain emerging technologies across the site.
- Experience in application of EWP, CQV, GSUM, RE and other Engineering IM/IWS standard work processes. Proven capability to manage projects, assess staffing requirements, develop, and communicate staffing plans with recommended options. Ability to develop Best Value Options Analysis, lead group discussions and drive to conclusion. Communicate effectively with Leadership to explain the recommended strategies and when required, develop, and communicate plans to mitigate risks within a project.
- Good leadership and communication. Ability to set standards, role model, coach, teach, and set technical direction. Provide training and coaching to the Technical Leads on software and hardware infrastructure changes where required. Work with Operating Departments through the Technical Leader Department Leaders to develop staffing requirements, training, and qualification plans.
- Builds Diverse, Collaborative Relationships. Has displayed high communication skills. Effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds and nationalities is essential. Builds relationships that allow for smooth work. Develops and leverages strategic technology partnerships internally (with the sites and P&G Technical Centers) and externally (academic institutions, vendors).
- Ability to identify opportunities to leverage PC&IS technologies to meet the most challenging business needs. Ability to deal with cost and scheduling constraints and understand the differences between Low-Cost Solutions and Total Cost of Ownership and when each is needed.
- Proven capability to penetrate technical details and drive issues to resolution in a timely manner. These issues may involve barriers to equipment performance, to speed, to quality, or to safety.
- Understands and follows Safe Work practices for electrical systems and mechanical equipment. Understands the risks associated with manufacturing environment and can define safe work systems and equipment with focus on AMEC, LOTO procedures, and code requirements.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visithttp://www.pg.comto know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: