Begin a meaningful career right here
P&G is a leading global consumer goods company whose winning brands are built around the model of innovation. Whatever your passion is, we want to ignite your potential to become your very best self!
We hold true to our purpose, values and principles as we seek to make a difference in the world around us. You will engage in meaningful work that will touch the lives of others and have a real impact. Our Global Product Stewardship function has an opening for a PhD level scientist in the area of Computational Toxicology and Human Safety.
The successful candidate will apply computational toxicology expertise and provide human safety support for current business and upstream technologies and research concentrating on how safety assurance can be provided for the general use of consumer products. The candidate must understand and utilize current toxicological evaluation and product stewardship approaches to ensure that products are acceptable for their intended use and meet regulatory requirements. This work will occur in a technically challenging and globally diverse business environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
1. Working with the Corporate and Sector Human Safety organizations to support safety assessment work and research projects. This will include working collaboratively on the use, development, and application of computational tools and methodologies, including the implementation of computational modelling into our work streams. This work will include the application of big data and machine learning
2. Utilizing computational toxicology expertise to provide regulatory toxicology support for global chemical compliance programs (e.g., REACH, etc.)
3. Communicating complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists and other stakeholders
4. Developing collaborative working relationships with toxicology colleagues and product development teams across the globe
5. Maintaining appropriate collaboration with related functions in the areas of Data Science, Modelling and Simulations, Regulatory Affairs, and External Relations
REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS / EXPERIENCES) FOR THE ROLE :
A PhD in a Toxicology, Computational Toxicology, Computational Chemistry, or Pharmacology, with strong computational and chemistry background is required.
Experience in developing and applying computational approaches, experience using big data, systems biology modelling, and machine learning is essential.
The position requires effective application of basic scientific skills in a fast-paced business environment, as well as the ability and capacity to learn contemporary risk assessment processes and related disciplines critical to providing assurance of safety for consumer products. Candidates must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively in a global team environment.
AT P&G #WESEEEQUAL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways; we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: