Begin a meaningful career right here
Industrial Microbiologist E-IMEA Region
Do you want to develop microbiological innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career in Industrial Microbiology at P&G could be what you're looking for!
E-IMEA region is one of the key strategic focus areas for Product Supply, with diverse and complex operations supporting high number of countries and volume. The Industrial Microbiology (IM) Organization currently supports over 20 micro susceptible manufacturing operations/P&G plants.
The role would involve building microbiology capability by training and developing site microbiologists, ensuring robust laboratory operations as well as supporting implementation of microbiology standards and systems in micro-susceptible operations. You will be key to the development of microbiological innovation to support seamless end-to end manufacturing for the future. You will have an important role in decision making for handling deviations, risk management and supporting overall business growth. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following across all business sectors:
- Lead and maintain the development of the microbiological capability at manufacturing sites.
- Contribute/lead microbiological innovation in manufacturing and QA in close collaboration with R&D.
- Provide leadership and expertise to PS and QA to significantly reduce current level of Microbiology risks and minimize business losses associated with microbial contaminations.
- Establish and lead a regional site microbiology network to support capability building, risk management, and troubleshoot at product supply sites.
- Support new initiatives to ensure the management of microbial risk at manufacturing sites
- Monitor and review the Microbiology results and metrics of sites.
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
Degree (BSc) in Biology, Chemistry, or Microbiology, Food Engineering/Food sciences or related fields required. A further degree in this area is preferred but not essential.
Familiarity or work experience in isolating and identifying microorganisms, cleaning and sanitization techniques, clean design and contamination investigations is required.
Previous experience working at manufacturing sites, ideally as a microbiologist is preferred.
Highly desired: good understanding sanitary equipment design standard, regulatory and compliance requirements for the EIMEA region.
Leadership: Ability to build technical capability in plant resources at different levels. Successful experiences at coaching others. Proven track record of establishing effective training programs. Effective written and verbal communications skills
Demonstrated capability to assess systems gaps and risk areas, as well as development and implementation of mitigation strategies.
Strong problem-solving skills: Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot issues with existing products and processes to root cause, and to identify and implement systemic fixes. Ability to translate complex issues into a meaningful set of recommendations that can be understood by non-microbiologists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: