Begin a meaningful career right here
Precision Engineer (m/f)
Are you passionate about the science behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for! We are looking for a Toolmaker to work with designers, engineers and scientists in the Gillette business within P&G.
Fundamental to Gillette’s continued success has been the constant stream of innovative and performance focused products from R&D. Based in Reading, this role is within the Blades & Razors upstream R&D facility responsible for the early development of wet shaving prototypes. The organisation has a long history of delivering breakthrough products including Sensor, Mach3, Venus and Fusion. Our strong innovation culture is a key priority for us, which includes ensuring we have challenging and rewarding roles that allow our people to realise their full potential.
The Toolmaker role plays an important part in the prototype development process, which is a critical part of how we learn. Working closely with designers, engineers, and scientists, you will manufacture or modify components for a wide range of purposes. This includes creating injection mould tools, machining from billet, and modifying existing parts. These are for prototypes and for the scientific equipment we create and use in our research programmes. To do this you must be able to use Toolmaking skills and equipment, including CADCAM (ideally SolidWorks/HSMWorks), CNC machining (both lathe and mill), manual milling machines, manual lathes, grinders, and hand finishing techniques. To be considered for this role you must have a strong machining background, and ideally a toolmaker. You must have a proven track record and precise attention to detail.
- Manufacture of precision prototype components, tooling and parts for bespoke scientific equipment and instrumentation
- Development and maintenance of any associated documentation to ensure legal and quality compliance.
- Development and continuous improvement of machining techniques in conjunction with designers and engineers
Your personal skills must include:
- An extensive demonstrable experience in a range of machine tools and diverse machining processes
- This includes CAD/CAM (ideally SolidWorks/HSMWorks), CNC machining (both lathe and mill), manual milling machines, manual lathes, grinders, and hand finishing
- Experience in tool making, instrument making or model making
- A strong problem-solving record and self-leadership capability
- A high level of attention to detail and precision
- The ability to ensure that tasks are rigorously executed and within the defined specifications
- The ability to learn from successes and failures, and to make improvements
- The ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with designers, engineers and scientists
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
What we offer you
- Responsibilities from Day 1 – You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver results from the beginning
- Developing world-class skills on the job: you will develop category-specific prototyping knowledge within Blades & Razors
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – At P&G our employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiative, whilst promoting agility and good work/life balance
- Continuous coaching – You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one
- Benefits – You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including a defined contribution pension & share scheme.
Good to know
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: