BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
We are seeking a recent Ph.D. graduate level environmental scientist to work in Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) as part of our Global Product Stewardship (GPS) organization located at Procter & Gamble’s research and business centers in and around Cincinnati, Ohio or Brussels Innovation Center in Belgium.
ESS is a functional organization responsible for broadly supporting the environmental safety and sustainability programs for the Company. P&G has an exceptional history of leading the development of applied environmental science, environmental stewardship and sustainability. Founded in 1962 within the laundry business, the environmental organization was formalized in 1971 as the Environmental Safety Department (ESD), and the later organizations, have led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies. P&G is a founding organization and charter member of SETAC, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, and works frequently with government, academic, and non-governmental organizations to advance environmental safety and sustainability sciences. You will be joining a product safety and sustainability organization of over 500 professionals globally. The environmental function publishes frequently with nearly 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception. You can read more about the Environmental Safety and Sustainability Organization at 2015 P&G Environmental Organization Brochure.
Today, the key missions of ESS are:
- Building and maintaining technical capability in key environmental expertise areas such as environmental risk assessment, fate and effects assessment;
- Guiding and supporting P&G business categories, new technologies and innovation initiatives;
- Leveraging expertise to facilitate external to P&G activities that build and protect corporate reputation and enable responsible growth and innovation.
We are looking for someone with a PhD in environmental toxicology, chemistry or engineering or closely related field (with or without post-doctoral experience) with in-depth knowledge in the assessment of environmental fate and effects of chemicals in the environment.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications.
- Experience in independent research, risk assessment, report writing and/or publication of research.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental chemistry and toxicology, fate and exposure, modeling, microbiology and analytical chemistry is beneficial.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with chemical and biological laboratory experience with particular focus on evaluating the fate and/or ecotoxicology of chemicals in the environment.
- Leadership experience in leveraging environmental science expertise for complex environmental risk assessment of chemicals in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and stakeholders inside and outside the Company.
- The successful applicant will join a team of environmental scientists focused on risk assessment of consumer and personal care product ingredients that leverage laboratory, field, and modeling capabilities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
P&G provides exciting opportunities to leverage environmental expertise to guide technology innovations to deliver challenging environmental stewardship and sustainability goals. P&G is a leading company in the consumer products sector that markets iconic brands such as Tide laundry detergent, Downy fabric conditioner, Crest toothpaste, Olay skin care, Gillette blades and razors and Pampers baby diapers. Visit http://us.pg.com/ (http://us.pg.com/) to explore P&G. Product safety is a core value at P&G. Discover this commitment at http://us.pg.com/our_brands/product_safety/overview (http://us.pg.com/our_brands/product_safety/overview).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: