BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Senior Robotics / Automation Engineer
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
As a P&G Automation and Controls engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Robotics system designs on new equipment to support new product launches and supply chain resiliency projects.
- Automating existing processes thru the use of traditional robotics, new robotic development or invention and collaborative robot approaches
- Developing new inspections system technologies (ex: machine vision)
- Digitizing existing work processes and work flows .
- Lead robotic innovation within the Fabric and Home Care Innovation Center in St. Bernard, OH.
- Develop automation concepts and solutions for our manufacturing sites.
- Lead and execute proof of concept testing at Idea Labs.
- Collaborate with Robotic Integrators to industrialize these concepts into robust solutions which are installed at our sites.
- Test neural networks and AI targeting for different automation packaging projects across the enterprise
This role is on-site at the St. Bernard Ohio robotics lab. There you'll tinker in the automation lab, explore 21st century solutions, and utilize simulation technologies for potential ideas.
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 _ you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life effectiveness and your long-term well being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
- 3-10 years of programming experience
- Robotic experience. Ideally with ABB robotics. ABB language experience is a plus, not a requirement. Looking for strong developers who seek to grow in the robotics / automation spac
- Python, C++, Java and / or other programming or coding experience.
- The key to this role is the ability to write clean code with solid syntax in any programming language. This foundation will be essential in the role.
- Willingness to learn ABB robotic programming language. ABB is the language used on this team (trainings will be provided).
- Passionate about industrial automation and eager to learn the different business units across P&G.
- 3D CAD capability is a plus
- PLC knowledge
- Mechanically minded
- Innovative Thinker
- Problem Solver
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: