Are you looking for a great professional challenge, where your expertise and previous experiences will be broadly used, to bring about outstanding accomplishments?
If you love marketing, passionate about technology and media, have outstanding analytical skills and value a phenomenal challenge, this can be the next great job for you!
We are seeking for a Media Manager, who will manage end to end media strategy & planning, buying, implementation & execution across all touch points (TV, Print, Radio, Digital – search/social/video/display, etc.) for P&G brands.
As a Media Manager, you will:
- Understand brand vision/strategy, strategic target audiences, portfolio choices, key business challenges & opportunities and link it back to the media objectives and strategy for the brand.
- Deeply understand the media landscape, role & cost/scale of every touchpoint, key players in every medium in every geography & understand supplementary/complementary nature of every medium and how it adds up to the consumer media exposure basket.
- A significant part of this role will be about building and developing strong working relationships with internal Brand teams as well as the media agency and media vendors.
- Lead thinking on media planning & buying models for the future and strive to link all executions to tangible business outcomes wherever possible. Contribute to building infrastructure & measurement systems to track & objectively evaluate all investments.
- Lead thinking on agency capability, upgrading skills & preparing & executing the blueprint for agency of the future and future scope of interaction of P&G-agency relationship.
- Leading P&G media team on assigned business to deliver strong media schedules consistently and constantly.
- Development and management of innovative media strategies.
- Ensuring media planning & implementation is reflective of the media strategy at all times.
- Prepare and update the media flow plans.Build effective business relationships with partners both internally (Brand/Business teams) and externally (media agency & media vendors) through handling expectations, clear communication and consistent performance.
- Relationship building and negotiation for using costs, discounts and added value incentives with media vendors; securing the best discounts, incentives or sponsorship deals from vendors.
- Internal media budget management. Commitment tracking with media vendors together with the agency.
- Keep up to date with media changes and alert the team of potential advantages/new opportunities.
- Monitoring competitive media and spend activity, and delivering key insights, thus ensuring competitive media strategies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any business-related field
- 3-4 years experience with media agencies.
- Strong proficiency in implementation & buying with proficiency in the use of both planning (e.g. Telmar) & Buying tools (e.g. Ariana).
- Experience on big FMCG/Telecoms accounts an advantage.
- Competence across all media with particular emphasis on TV & digital.
- Strong communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Good command of the English language.
- South African Citizenship
Just so you know:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unique ideas?
About Procter & Gamble:
For over 180 years, P&G has created some of the world’s most successful brands, including Ariel®, Tide®, Pantene®, Pampers®, and Gillette®. We believe in serving the consumer and ensuring our organization, talent and brand building reflects the diversity and needs of the approximate 5 billion people around the world we serve through our brands. We value leadership as well as mastery and offer fulfilling career opportunities that make us an unbeatable force in our industry.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: