Begin a meaningful career right here
Data & Analytics Hosting Platform Capability Engineer in Costa Rica
Do you want to join a team of women and men IT professionals who apply their skills and deep understanding of IT to bring groundbreaking, technology-based capabilities and business models to life? Have you been looking to use and grow your skills in an environment that enables you to act with impact and scale? Are you passionate about cloud solutions? If so, we invite you to join us as:
Data & Analytics Hosting Platform Capability Engineer
D&A Hosting Platform Team is strategically placed between Cloud Center of Expertise (COE), Cloud Operations and Cloud Service Partners (MS Azure, Amazon AWS, Google GCP) and DH applications to enable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) that meet Data Hubs business cases - providing secure, most performant, stable, cost effective technical "bricks" to application teams in fastest way adjusted to application constraints / strategies. We are focused heavily on automating all our processes including provisioning to provide a positive end-user experience and allow broader scale and keeping consistency over time of standards and best practices defined by the D&A Hosting Platform team.
In this role you will use technical skills to deliver in fast, flexible and simple way Infrastructure and Network secure & compliant cloud capabilities (primarily Azure) to internal Data Hub application teams - targeting automation and self-service.
As a D&A hosting platform engineer you will be:
- Create and drive creation of provisioning scripts (PowerShell, ARM templates, JSON) with Cloud Team to enable D&A DevOps and DH Platform Utility Engineers to self-provision security compliant Azure services in quick, easy way.
- Demonstrate capabilities (Containers, infrastructure automation/configuration tools) to support effective patching and compliance.
- Develop automation scripts that verify Data Hub infrastructure, network & security compliance.
- Provide holistic Operational Recovery and Disaster Recovery Plans for end to end Core Data Platform and Data Hubs.
- Ensure that the network architecture is sufficient for D&A needs and working closely with Cloud COE and Network Teams when changes are needed
- "Deep" Problem Management support (investigate and find permanent fixes where Prod is having to use a work around due to infrastructure or network not working correctly).
- Incident management for major Infrastructure and Network incidents - acting as L3 for major incidents issues for own scope.
Who we look for?
We welcome expert engineers with a real passion for business and technology eager to develop a career in bringing IT to transform the business. We would also value:
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated 2+ year experience in each of the following areas:
1. .1PowerShell and/or Linux environment and shell (bash) scripting
2.MS Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services (different resources, offerings and tools)
3.Creating Azure ARM Templates
- Necessary technical skills (1 or more of each domain):
1.Programming Languages: Python, Java, C++, PHP, Perl, Ruby
2.Experience in some infrastructure automation/configuration tool – Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar - you know how those can help with large-scale, complex deployments.
3.Experience in Containers (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of infrastructure and Platform components (network, load balancers, firewalls, servers, databases).
- Knowledge and experience in Hosting and related technologies (data center, cloud [IaaS, PaaS], computing, Windows, Linux, storage, backup, security, disaster recovery, virtualization, etc.).
- Stewardship experience to ensure services are aligned with relevant P&G policies (Security, Governance, etc.).
- Knowledge of Kusto Query Language and Azure LogAnalytics
- Knowledge of PowerBI
- Microsoft Certified - Administrator or Developer Associate Certification
- ITIL foundations knowledge; or IT operations background
- Great communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Problem-solving attitude (we like solutions)
- Proactive, initiative taking and not afraid to challenge the status quo (we’re looking you to help us improve)
- Being a great teammate.
- P&G-sized projects and access to world leading IT partners and technologies from day one.
- Microsoft Certifications - Administrator or Developer Associate Certification
- Work in international team with global responsibilities.
- Mentoring programs, trainings and cloud certifications, access to AWS and Microsoft experts
- Opportunity to change role every few years to be in the best place for you and best for P&G.
- Flexible work arrangements (working less than full time, work from home)
- Vibrant Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Competitive salary and benefits program (private health care, PG stock, saving plans).
- Regular salary reviews and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance.
We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bonux®, Braun®, Blend-a-Med®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Naturella®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Vizir®, Vicks® The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries and more than 100 thousand employees worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com/ for the latest news and information about our company and its brands.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: