Begin a meaningful career right here
Data & Analytics Hosting Platform Operations Engineer in Costa Rica
Do you want to join a team of women and men IT professionals who apply their skills and deep understanding of IT to bring groundbreaking, technology-based capabilities and business models to life? Have you been looking to use and grow your skills in an environment that enables you to act with impact and scale? Are you passionate about cloud solutions? If so, we invite you to join us as:
Data & Analytics Hosting Platform Operations Engineer
P&G has declared a Cloud First strategy and will be moving most of our workloads to the Cloud. At the same time Core Data Lake and Data Hubs Program is using Cloud to transform Business Intelligence and Analytics for the company, harmonizing various data types and allowing standard solutions tailored specifically for unique needs of specific Business Units.
D&A Hosting Platform Operations Engineers will be members of ITS OEMS team (IT Solutions Operations, Engineering and Managed Services) and leverage strong technical and management / soft skills to deliver to internal Data Hub application team shared utilities in a PaaS (Platform as a Service) way.
As Operations Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing E2E strategy for logging of infrastructure performance counters, events and logs, ongoing monitoring, alerting and response automation, working together with D&A DevOps teams and D&A Platform Infrastructure/Network roles to drive automated responses to alerts. Core focus is on all Azure resource logs availability, Airflow logs availability and capabilities to monitor and alert based on them.Main Responsibilities
As a D&A hosting platform operations engineer you will:
- Understand, verify, improve and fix as needed shared Logging & Monitoring utilities to be used across D&A Core Data Lake and Data Hub applications
- Design and implement End to end strategy for Logging & Monitoring utility, focusing on quality logs availability and network, IaaS S/W monitoring (e.g. Airflow tool)
- Ensure compliance / Desired State Configuration on IaaS and PaaS parts of the solution defining compliance requirements with D&A teams.
- Producing utility Blueprints for Logging & Monitoring tools
- "Deep" Problem Management support (investigate and find permanent fixes where workaround is used on production system due to Logging & Monitoring utility issues).
- Incident management for major Logging and Monitoring platform related incidents - acting as L3 for major incidents issues for own scope.
- Develope automation scripts (PowerShell, Python, Azure Automation) to optimize cost & capacity / performance, drive compliance, or to understand overall Logging & Monitoring utility health.
- Ensure security compliance for Logging & Monitoring utility.
- Develope prototypes of internal applications/tools supporting DevOps
- With time extending scope other utilities like Orchestration, ETL Metadata Management, CI/CD, Dashboards, automated testing tools.
Who we look for?
We welcome expert engineers with a real passion for business and technology eager to develop a career in bringing IT to transform the business. We would also value:
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated 1+ year experience in each of the following areas:
1.Azure LogAnalytics, Azure Diagnostics, Metrics, Event Logs, Application Logs (knowledge of Kusto Query Language).
2.PowerShell and/or Linux environment and shell (bash) scripting
3.Experience working with MS Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services (different resources, offerings and tools) and ARM Templates.
4.Experience in Containers (Docker / Kubernetes) and their monitoring
- Necessary technical skills (1 or more of each domain):
1.Programming Languages: Python, Java, C++, PHP, Perl, Ruby
2.ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana), or other tools enabling gathering and analysis of logs gathered from multiple sources
- Overall understanding of infrastructure and Platform components (network, load balancers, firewalls, servers, databases).
- Experience in some infrastructure automation/configuration tool – Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar.
·Experience in Apache Airflow development and/or operations/monitoring.
- Having a previous experience working on Information Security matters at an infrastructure platform level
·Knowledge of PowerBI
- Basic Vendor Management Skills
- Great communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Problem-solving attitude (we like solutions)
- Proactive, initiative taking and not afraid to challenge the status quo (we’re looking you to help us improve)
- Being a great teammate.
- P&G-sized projects and access to world leading IT partners and technologies from day one.
- Microsoft Certifications - Administrator or Developer Associate Certification
- Expertise working in global multifunctional team on Cloud Platforms
- Work in international team with global responsibilities.
- Mentoring programs, trainings and cloud certifications, access to AWS and Microsoft experts
- Opportunity to change role every few years to be in the best place for you and best for P&G.
- Flexible work arrangements (working less than full time, work from home)
- Vibrant Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Competitive salary and benefits program (private health care, PG stock, saving plans).
- Regular salary reviews and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance.
We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bonux®, Braun®, Blend-a-Med®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Naturella®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Vizir®, Vicks® The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries and more than 100 thousand employees worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com/ for the latest news and information about our company and its brands.
Our company is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: