Begin a meaningful career right here
Overview of the job
Do you like the idea of brokering and negotiating deals to foster situations of mutual benefit for both us and our suppliers? Would you love doing this on the scale of a multibillion-dollar consumer goods company?
We spend billions of dollars every year on goods and services so our company can produce the best consumer products and experiences in the world. As Purchases Manager in this ecosystem, you will work with Purchases Organization, leading significant projects!
This role reports directly to Purchasing Director, team leader of Korea purchases. This role will work with 7 other purchasing professionals across all categories where we source and drive value such as e-commerce supply chain, media, marketing, celebrity, transportation, warehouses, and many more!
How success looks like
- Establish industry masteries in the areas you are assigned to be in change.
- Bring / nurture the best external partnership to deliver the best value to P&G consumers.
- Lead multifunctional team to transform P&G to fast adapt the rapid developing Korea market.
- Attain sustainable value creation for the best services. Value creation includes cost savings, innovations, and joint business creations. Best services include speed, quality and effective of the investment.
After 1st month:
- Able to understand basics of P&G purchases, the industry of the goods/services.
- Learn the knowledge and skill concepts from the regional trainer and team members.
- Able to work with suppliers with the partnership/supervisory from the purchase team members or team leader.
After 1st quarter:
- Start to work with suppliers more independently to drive certain discussions.
- Participate in internal multifunction team for projects.
- Practice the skills/knowledges you learnt in the first month.
After 1st year:
- Lead multifunctional team to drive important values for the company.
- Design and lead external supplier negotiations or bidding for transformation.
- Have greater responsibilities both for business and organization.
Responsibilities of the role
- Build industry knowledge through analytics and external engagements.
- Integrate and collaborate with cross-functional business teams.
- Look for new technologies and advise your internal business partners with innovative solutions and providers.
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and build the right relationships to deliver excellent results.
- Lead the recommendation development for internal design or commercial transformation.
- Always treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly: we consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver our world-class products.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- 2~3 Years of purchasing/procurement/sourcing experience is preferred.
- Fresh graduates with strong interest or past similar experience are welcome.
- Good command of English (Upper-Intermediate or higher).
- Passionate to learn and collaborate both internally and externally.
- Strong interest in commercial aspects and linking/connecting the dots;
- Strong analytical skills with advance skill in using MS Excel, Power BI will be a merit.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Legal eligibility (e.g. Korean citizenship, F4 Visa) to work in Korea.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: