Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production and distribution technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? We’re looking for a Power Controls & Information Systems (PC&IS) Leader to drive and own automation electrical reliability systems and asset management direction setting, and act as a technical resource in the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) technical areas.
We want you to join our team as an advanced-level technician, a leader and mentor to a work team and/or technical experts of systems and equipment.
Meaningful Work on Day 1
You will lead various types of work under minimal supervision including: troubleshooting and maintaining electrical control systems, process control systems, instrumentation, and operator interface terminals for large scale manufacturing. These systems contain multiple PLCs, Servos, HMIs, Instruments and Inspection systems. You are responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. We want you to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
- Technical and Functional leader of the Process Controls & Information Systems at the site. Point of contact for shift Electrical and Instrumentation resources.
- Overall owner of Process Controls & Information Systems capability, training & planning.
- Lead / own the electrical reliability and technology used in the automation & robotics technologies.
- Provide coaching for troubleshooting efforts and electrical project installations. Will be electrical PSI leader for projects.
- Develop plans to address reliability issues that cause unplanned downtime.
- Power distribution, Automated Guided Vehicles, and machine safety.
- Spares (Electrical/Capital) and key contact for the storeroom and purchasing departments.
- Lead Electrical and Instrumentation continuous improvement and reapplication process.
- Single Point Contact with Engineering regarding plans for electrical capital investment.
- Maintain standardization in technology, programming, etc.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day.
- The opportunity to maintain world-renowned production & distribution technologies.
- The chance to influence the distribution and quality of our products.
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance.
- An industry-leading, safe work environment.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Competitive salary and benefits program (private life & medical insurance for employees and dependents, PG stock, saving plans).
- Ability to display skills in manufacturing work processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Display strong computer, technical, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., reach truck, forklift, pallet jacks, etc
- Low voltage certified. Must have or be able to obtain medium voltage.
- Capability for reading and interpreting electrical power schematics and machine drawings
- Working knowledge of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV)
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems within a manufacturing and/or warehousing environment
- Owner of Risk Management Compliance
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Northeast Mixing Center operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Have certified electrical and/or mechanical experience.
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Willing to work rotating shifts as needed to support the operation.
- Are willing to travel periodically
- Are Low Voltage qualified.
- Have or can complete Medium Voltage certification.
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: