Begin a meaningful career right here
Associate Manager, Consumer Market Knowledge (Japan Market)
You will lead consumer and shopper research for the regional Baby Care business, with Japan as the focus market. You will assimilate deep knowledge of the consumers, culture, retail landscape and local media practices to craft winning propositions for P&G. These could in turn be translated into winning ideas and innovations across other APAC markets.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Consumer Market Research for Baby Care, and have business accountability to the Brand Managers and Directors. You will work extensively with colleagues from Consumer Market Knowledge, Sales, Communications, Finance etc.
After 1st month:
• Onboard and develop initial analyses of the Brand’s ongoing consumer and customer relationships in Japan
• Value ongoing insights and ideas development through deep understanding of Japanese consumers, culture and retail landscapes
After 1st quarter:
• Harmonize and align winning propositions and regional business strategy for the region, led by consumer insights focused on the Japan market
• Establish initial hypotheses on ideas and innovation for Japanese consumers, with plans in place to test and qualify the concepts
• Build positive working relationships and drumbeats with cross-functional team members, sales and distribution teams in Japan to develop the ongoing Brand Master Plan
• Delivery of business scorecard targets via the application of data insights and cultural nuances
• Direct the business by qualifying winning ideas and identifying future consumer trends through research
• Grow and deliver marketing return on investment through operationalization of business model and key metrics
• Successful adaptation of key markets’ innovations to regional strategy.
Responsibilities of the role -
Consumer Insights Development
• Build positive relationship with research agencies to understand needs and desire of Japanese consumers
• Use deep understanding of Japan’s retailer and media environments, practices and cultures to develop business strategy
• Align data insights and understanding of cultural nuances of the Japanese market and translate them into winning business opportunities, ideas and innovations
• Work with Regional Brand Managers to translate Japanese insights into regional strategy
• Demonstrate creative and new-to-world analysis techniques to deliver state of the art consumer analyses.
Innovation Development and Assessment
• Qualify winning ideas and drive improvements with Japanese consumers and shoppers
• Partner Multi-functional team members, sales and distribution teams in Japan to develop the ongoing Brand Master Plan
• Forecast demand generation for future innovations
• Identify future consumer trends among Japanese consumers and lead their translation into winning innovations
• Partner Regional Brand Managers to scale and adapt Japanese innovations for APAC.
Business and Marketing Model Systemization
• Craft guidelines for the businesses’ sustainable growth
• Lead operationalization of the business model and key metrics for the businesses
• Improve Marketing Returns-on-Investment based mixed modelling
• A college degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s is fine, preferably with some business focus)
• Proven track record with strategic and analytical thinking
• An ability to drive innovation and brand growth
• Strong ability to communicate and team capabilities
• Proficiency in Japanese language and market knowledge of Japan as the role requires local consumer understanding to develop brand equity and marketing strategies for Japan Market
• Experience in utilizing data platforms like Spotfire, Mediaxxpress, Tableau and MOAT, or exposure to techniques like semiotics, neuroscience and ethnography would be a plus
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: