Overview of role
Keen to work for one of the top Employers in the world?
Have you heard of brands like SK-II, Olay, Gillette, Pantene, Head & Shoulders, Joy & Vicks?
Do you want to be part of an exciting innovation journey for these brands via hands on experimentation and real-life technical problem solving?
The Associate Scientist Traineeship is for individuals who strive to use and grow their understanding of science/engineering to deliver innovation. During the traineeship, they will develop sufficient proficiency in Procedural work and expertise in Application work by combining hands-on experimentation with scientific principles and knowledge from their science/engineering education to drive foundational technical understanding and solve technical problems. This traineeship will deliver technical outputs which address critical innovation challenges and completion of key breakthroughs.
We have traineeship positions in our Beauty Careorganization in the following areas:
• Antimicrobial chemistry discovery, landscaping and data analysis
• Microbiology Modeling and Simulation Tool Development
• Image analysis, material science andautomation
• Apply academic background, practical hands-on experience, and sound scientific method to generate and interpret data, solve problems, and make discoveries and connections against project needs and problem resolution.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the fundamental science and technology in their area and use hands-on, in the “lab” experimentation to deliver against the objectives of the project.
• Look for new ways to approach experimentation to meet project needs and improve learning.
• Develop skills and approaches consistent with a learning culture and “innovation through experimentation,” valuing and learning from both success and failure.
• Communicate results both orally and in writing to their manager/technical coach and project team.
•Master's or PhDdegreein Life Sciences (Microbiology, Bioinformatics or Bio related fields), Engineering,Design or related fields
•Experienced candidates who are currently not in full-time employment can also apply
• Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and graduated or graduating in Year 2019 or 2020 from local or overseas universities
•Available for a period of 6-months from September 2020
•Strong ownership & self-leadership skills to understand the business objective, local context and business landscape to deliver the required outcomes
•Effective oral and written communication skills is a must
•Able to work independently, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment
•Excellent problem-solving skills and uses data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.