Brand Protection Manager – APAC
Global Brand Protection is the function which protects our business from counterfeit products. The function has a regional brand protection manager in each key P&G region supported by a global Centre of Excellence from other key disciplines such as forensics, intelligence and packdev. The brand protection / anti-counterfeit program has senior leadership support as we work to combat a global issue which is costing our business in the region of $1-2billion each year.
The successful candidate would ideally have a legal, GR or law enforcement / investigative background and will become the Single Point of Contact responsible for leading and promoting anti counterfeiting work in the Region and working with APAC Brand Protection Legal Counsel and the Global Operations Brand Protection leader and CoE to implement our key brand protection strategies:
- Attacking and frustrating the counterfeiters supply chain
- Making our products more difficult to copy or counterfeits easier to detect
- Enablng third parties
- The successful candidate will work with CR and CMK to assess the scale of the counterfeit threats in the region.
- Educate and update regional business and marketing leaders on counterfeit issues.
- Locate, recruit, manage and train third party investigators in each country to assist with investigations raids and seizures. Ensuring our standard FCPA contract is in place and our company’s PVPs and compliance laws are followed.
- Manage and provide oversight on all directed investigative efforts to ensure the quality, validity, and appropriate scope of the investigation.
- Develop effective relationships with customs and law enforcement within the Region.
- Report all results and intelligence on a regular basis within BRAND PROTECTION databases
- Work with sales to enable direct coverage of genuine products following raids and seizures
- Meticulously plan and manage the Regional BRAND PROTECTION budget, ensuring that fiscal responsibility is practiced and demonstrated in line with expectations and within purchasing guidelines.
- Fully understand and uniformly apply the BRAND PROTECTION standards, practices, and CBA’s contained within the Brand Protection SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Leadership: The successful candidate possesses & demonstrates a high degree of leadership competence with the ability to build effective internal and external networks, leverage the scale of P&G as well as all components of a multi-functional team, and exude a broad spirit of collaboration across all aspects of the BRAND PROTECTION program.
- Communication: The successful candidate possesses and demonstrates strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Innovation & Strategic Thinking: the successful candidate demonstrates the ability to consistently think innovatively, seeking and finding new and better methods to accomplish goals & objectives while aligned with overall business strategies and proactively identifying potential issues before problems arise.
- Attention to Detail: the successful candidate demonstrates a detail oriented approach to all aspects of their role.
- Financial Acumen: the successful candidate possesses the ability to demonstrate ownership of their Regional program and Global BRAND PROTECTION objectives through exhibiting a quality thinking & management approach.
Frequent travel to the region will be required
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: