BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Customer Development Manager
As a Customer Development Manager (CDM), you will be working with the P&G Chemicals Customer Business Development (CBD) Team (Field Sales and Category Account Executive) and with other PGC functions to satisfy customer requirements and deliver the commercial strategy for P&G Chemicals Eurasia to drive continued growth and success! P&G Chemicals (PGC), with our oleochemical expertise since 1837 is a global supply leader delivering solutions and bringing value for our customers and suppliers in over 70 countries.
CDMs will lead PGC CBD in driving Superior Customer Experience and supporting Field Sales and Category Account Executives in building a Winning Portfolio, Commercialize Joint Value, and Extend Quality Coverage.
You will report to the Sales Category Director, based in Singapore. As part of a winning team of both business leaders and professionals, you will work closely with multi-functional & diverse team across the globe!
What success looks like
- Develop strong stake-holder rapport with internal PGC and external “customers”, compromising of Field Sales, Merchant Market Customers, or P&G Consumer businesses
- Lead Customer Focused, Technical Support, and Business Improvement Projects which builds our business
- Build deep market and category knowledge to develop winning and robust commercial plans to deliver continued profit
- Develop winning commercial plans and strategies to enable PGC to win with customer and deliver category profit and business priorities.
- Drive joint value creation for customer and PGC via the commercial strategy execution to deliver Outstanding Customer experience.
- Lead Customer Focused, Technical Support, and Business Improvement Projects that aligns with category or business priorities.
- Develop customer development resources, including marketing collaterals, online platforms, and engagement activities.
- Bring CBD perspective to operations teams and serve as the commercial representative on multi-functional teams.
- CDMs may have full account management responsibility for a few customers.
- Define and deliver sales fundamentals and business targets for the customers and territories, while acquiring strong customer and market understanding
- Less than 4 years’ work experience in Core Purchases or Sales Skills. The individual will have previous experience gained in either a Purchasing or Sales function with validated strength in developing and delivering commercial strategies and commercial agreements as well as customer managements
- Customer Business Development skills such as ability to influence, sell and successfully deliver the commercial strategy would be preferred
- Project management skills which include setting objectives/success criteria, defining a vision, developing action plans, delegation, and task executions are essential
- A technical understanding of chemistry, likely gained through a degree or related engineering qualification, would be preferable but not crucial.
- Communication and Relationship Management skills are crucial to lead Multi-Functional team internally and work externally to find the best suitable solution
- Flexibility in travel - 15% (There will be a need for business travel for internal and external meetings including industry conferences)
- Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred as this role requires engagement with stake-holders in a geography where communications are generally made in Mandarin
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Neurobion, Sangobion, Vicks, Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: