Begin a meaningful career right here
Design Leader (APAC & Japan Market)
You will have a dual reporting line to the Japan and APAC business leader and the Hair Care Global Design Director. In your daily work, you will need to collaborate with external suppliers and agencies to bring to life the design intent to excellent executions in market and partner closely with the Brand Directors and multi-functional teams to manage the E2E creative and design work all the way to execution. In addition, you will also closely collaborate with the global design organization/ leaders.
What success looks like
- Design’s influence on business strategy and integration on the President’s lead team – into DNA of business.
- Improve the beauty bar across portfolio and touchpoints, all the way to execution.
- Design State of the Art Systems and processes for continuous improvement
- Build strong connectivity with global business design leaders and teams
- Improve strength of the team and individuals, development of talent, ability to attract & retain new talent
- Appropriate recruiting and staffing for business/design needs (in region)
- Integrate Design with business priorities and influence the business strategies with cross-functional leadership. Part of the business leader and global design leadership teams.
- Deliver creative brand solutions across touch points by integrating the packaging, digital, retail and merchandising design activities.
- Partner with business to elevate “the eye for beauty and beauty culture” across multifunctional teams.
- Acquisition and allocation of internal resources and resource alignment with business priorities; talent management, staffing, recruiting, organizational health and budget management. Overall learning & development for the design organization, coaching and career planning;
- Demonstrate Design Mastery and quality standards all the way to execution
- Grow agency roster (design, digital and retail) and develop relationships with Design Universities to create a new pipeline of talent and extend through co-op programs;
- Build robust design process and systems to enable the right design experience/execution to win with the consumer.
- Degree in Design (graphics focus) and or experience in related field.
- 15 Years experience in Creative/Art direction and Packaging design, and the business context working towards excellence in Packaging design.
- Great sense of creativity and eye for beauty, needs to be flexible in an environment of constant change. Engage and influence senior management and cross-functional partners. Develop strong credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Software fluency high affinity with graphic programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Adobe creative suite, etc). Experience in print production and creating ready for print mechanicals skills a plus
- Strong teamwork & design leadership skills with proven experience to effectively bring design strategy all the way to execution while fully articulating the target consumer and business needs.
- Operates with discipline/project management. Exceptional leadership skills and ability to lead multiple initiatives and manage complexity with excellence. Proven discipline, priority setting in managing and leading complex and global projects with effectiveness, from design strategy, consumer and customer understanding as well as excellence in execution, from 2D, 3D and retail environments and prototyping/visualizing solutions. Resourcefulness and scarcity mindset is critical for the business.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written). Fluent Japanese would be a plus.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: