Begin a meaningful career right here
Engineer, Packaging Development, Hair Care
Overview of role
Keen to get your hands-on innovative packaging solutions for our Hair Care products like Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences?
Do you know that P&G’s Hair Care Business in Asia is a strategically important part of our global Hair Care organization? It is a dynamic and evolving market with ample opportunities to tap on, innovate and derive meaningful consumer insights!
In this role, you will develop expertise in innovating and developing delightful packaging solutions at the right quality and best value. Your key mission is to penetrate the science behind our state-of-the-art packages, find optimization potential and help manufacture and supply these to our consumers.
If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center, you will part of the Packaging Development organization. You will have the opportunity work in multi-functional teams and engage with both internal and external partners.
How success looks like
Over time, the successful candidate will become a Packaging Development specialist in the Hair Care category.
Success in this role is to lead the technical and business aspects of packaging development, manufacturing and supply of all Hair Care brands across Asia including Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences and others.
You will demonstrate proficiency in designing and delivering packages manufactured through injection molding, extrusion and injection stretch blow molding, lamination and sealing technologies and decorated with different coloring and printing techniques.
With exposure to the variety of technologies and techniques, you will build and utilize your technical expertise to meet project requirements and business needs.
- Own part of the packaging optimization work and supply across Asia with a particular focus on labeling and printing technologies
- Partner with technologists, manufacturing sites and commercial teams to develop and deliver optimized packages to all in markets in Asia
- Identify, manage and communicate risk while developing robust contingency plans
- Capture key insights and technical findings from research projects and share results and recommendations in a clear, succinct manner.
- Masters' degree in Material Science/Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Relevant experience or working knowledge in packaging printing and decoration technologies and packaging technology
- Strong ownership and leadership skills to understand the business objective, local context and business landscape to deliver the required outcomes
- Effective oral and written communication skills is a must.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: