Explore the innovative systems and processes behind our products
Industrial and Engineering Design - P&G Accelerate Internship (Summer/6 months)
How would you like to use your engineering experience and join a globally recognized company? If you are passionate about inventing, developing, reapplying, and delivering processes and packing technologies, then this role is perfect for you. You should have the right technical curiosity and understanding to develop new approaches to big problems. Your work will require creativity, innovation, teamwork, and leadership.
- Full Time
- Level: Intern
- Travel: Yes (occasional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Engineering Intern at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Industrial Engineering Design - P&G Accelerate Internship (Summer/6 months)
P&G is looking for Engineering Design Interns to join our Singapore Innovation Center. You will be assigned to Global PG Chemicals Engineering with projects on Surfactant Engineering that impacts our global, Europe, and APAC plant operations. You will contribute across a number of programs in early stage exploration through design conceptualization. This role requires a motivated independent thinker that can inspire, generate and bring to life new ideas with their multi-functional partners. With a focus on design innovation, you will translate business and legislative needs into robust and meaningful design solutions that meet key business objectives. These roles require superior visualization skills and the ability to rapidly prototype design ideas.
Through this internship you will:
- Learn P&G upstream manufacturing systems
- Learn how to create end-to-end solutions by creating meaningful connections between various technologies
- Learn how to be gather and critically analyze manufacturing data
- Learn and improve engineering and design skills under instruction with state of the art tools/facilities, and grow your technical mastery
- Collaborate on working teams with people from different international backgrounds & disciplines
- Interact with product researchers, industrial designers, digital designers, engineers and scientists who will coach and mentor you
- Impact our PG Chemicals business globally across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific with your innovations
- Penultimate year student graduating in 2021
- Studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Design, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar related engineering fields are preferred
- Solid concepts of Thermodynamics, pumps, organic chemistry and engineering design
- Basic understanding of industrial manufacturing CAD (AutoCAD, Solid works etc) Digital platforms (MATLAB, C++, JAVA etc) would be advantageous
- Ability to successfully manage projects, self-direct, and take on ownership for their work
- Good understanding of emerging digital platforms
- Excellent and effective communicator and able to collaborate to deliver great engineering solutions and ideas to business leaders
- Passion for integrating design with technology with a desire to experiment and explore new ideas
- Critical reasoning ability and data analytics
- Ability to develop prototypes that could be tested and validated using available solutions
- Demonstrated passion for Design Thinking
Length of Internship: Jan-July 2020 (6 months) or Summer (May-Aug 2020)
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visithttp://www.pg.comto know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Job Id: ENG00002191
Health and Wellness Programs
Internship Support Network
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
There are no job results within your geolocated area. If you’d like to look at other opportunities:View All of Our Available Opportunities