BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Information Cloud Architect
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe phenomenal ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new insights to address challenges we face!
As the Information Architect in the Enterprise Architecture organization, you will have the opportunity to lead in the execution of the new Data Centricity strategy across the enterprise. Your role is frequently sought out as a first step in any project to provide data design leadership and direction to project teams. This person translates strategic business and data requirements into roadmaps, works with solution and platform architects to layout conceptual and logical architectures, sourcing and staging strategies, target data models, and similar artifacts which serve as the blueprint for the organization. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with a passion for data who enjoy a mix of critical thinking and getting into the details when needed!
Part of the diverse Enterprise Architecture and Integration team span globally, you will work with the best technology minds in the field to drive key business growth.
Responsibilities of Role
The Enterprise Information Architecture Senior IT Manager role will be accountable for driving enterprise-level information and data architecture, communicating the architecture to solution architects, project managers and business leaders. This role will focus on all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) and support the development of enterprise systems from business requirements to logical architecture. This role spans the full information management life-cycle from acquisition, cleansing, data modeling, transformation, classification and storage to presentation, cataloging and discovery, distribution, security, privacy and archiving.
- Guide project teams and data centric organizations on the best solutions to use enterprise architecture capabilities to deliver higher value at a faster pace to the business.
- Help Project Managers in identifying key data, and information risks, mitigation plans, effort estimation and planning.
- Use domain expertise to influence future capabilities in architecture frameworks for Information architecture domain.
- Collaborate with Lead Architects across the other architectural domains – namely, Business, Application, Technology, and Security to ensure alignment of strategies.
- Develop standards, domain principles, and the best ways for creating and maintaining architecture artifacts (including inventories and models). This includes articulating the value of the artifacts.
- Host Peer Reviews to assess the status and compliance to architecture standards.
- Ensure sufficiency of architecture requirements for top projects.
- Accountable for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the usage of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target Cloud platforms Azure/GCP/AWS PaaS (SQL/NoSQL).
- Be accountable for and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via the best solutions. The person should have the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills and has an ability to translate ambiguity and incomplete information into insights and impactful items understood by Business and IT leaders. They need to balance the need to operate the business today while understanding and influencing the business and data technologies of the future. The person requires curiosity to engage all business units and functions of the company while partnering with external organizations on the best approaches and solution delivery.
- More than 3 years of demonstrated ability with normalized and Dimensional modeling techniques, Star & Snowflake schemas, modeling slowly changing dimensions, dimensional hierarchies, and data classification. Ideally at enterprise scale as well as at organizational level.
- 2+ years of experience with high-scale /distributed RDBMS.
- Expertise in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Security, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Archival and Data Migration strategies using appropriate tools.
- Ability to define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, the best approaches, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Hands-on data modeling in areas of Canonical, Semantic, Logical & Physical data models, design, schema synchronization and performance tuning. Familiarity with DAMABoK.
- Hands-on experience in:
Data modelling tools (e.g. Erwin data modeler, Archimate, E/R studio, DBSchema etc) ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Google Dataflow, Azure Data Factory, Talend, etc.) BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast paced and changing environment with interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and have skills in planning, strategy, estimation, scheduling and project management.
- Strong problem solving, influencing, communication, and presentation skills, self-starter
- Ability to define reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards & tools to be used
- Mentor and guide Technical Leads & Software Engineer (both internal and external)
- Hands-on experience of the following:
Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume) Analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, Spark, PySpark, KNIME, etc.) Related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Python, Spark, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Knowledge of the following:
Cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases) Data modeling techniques for NoSQL data and Cloud data platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) High-scale or distributed cloud native data platforms
- Experience in solution architecting, design & execute – Data lakes in CSPs (preferred Azure/GCP, AWS)
- Hands on experience in the following:
§ AWS technologies: EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, EBS, EFS, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Cloud-Trail, OpsWorks, IAM, Directory Service, Ansible
§ MS Azure: Security Center, Azure Active Directory (Core, Developer, B2C, Services), Key Vault, understanding of securing PaaS solutions like SQL data warehouse. ADF, SQL DB, Azure App service etc.
§ GCP : Google app stack and Google Big Data stacks.
- Hands on experience(preferred) or familiarity in any of the CD/CI tools – Github, Ansible Jenkins, spinnaker and Istio.
- Experience in microservice based architecture or awareness is desirable
- Experience in data domain modelling, data designing, tools – Archimate or Erwin, etc
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: