Begin a meaningful career right here
Laboratory Leader, Consumer and Performance Methods, Beauty Measurement Science
Overview of the role
Do you have experience in or aspire to evaluate the performance of beauty care products?
Would you like to lead one of P&G’s largest measurement science laboratories on performance testing that support product development in the beauty sector, quantify benefits and their communication?
You should be motivated to manage a stream of experiments, interface with business needs, have a scientific/engineering skillset and have fun while learning and engaging alongside multifunctional global teams. The technical quantifications you lead are critical in R&D that raise the bar for consumer delighting innovation.
If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center at Biopolis, you will be part of the Beauty Measurement Science R&D organization here in Singapore. You will have the opportunity to work with the different partners within your team, other functions and external partners.
How success looks like
Success in this role is in ensuring executional excellence, maturity in prioritizing business needs and building expertise in P&G’s global performance database systems. With enough time and training, it is expected that the Laboratory Leader would require minimum supervision to perform his/her work.
• Ownership for daily operations of the laboratory that supports our R&D Beauty Sector team. The lab has about 8-10 operators and one supervisor. Run the lab operations in partnership with the lab supervisor.
• Operations typically involve procedures related to hair and skin care regimens, such as hair treatments with shampoo, conditioner, perming, dying, heating or skin topical applications and associated measurements.
• Ensure short term (daily activities) and long term (improvement plans) for the laboratory are executed with excellence.
• Develop expertise in the area of laboratory operations and find opportunities to improve our laboratories globally.
• Develop technical mastery in Beauty Sector test methods to propose improvements and/or craft new methods for the R&D team.
• Connect with management on priorities for the lab, set the direction and deliver year on year improvements and/or savings.
• Partner with a team of research scientists to develop and implement new methods and bring them to operation.
• Partner with global team to deploy global digital solutions for lab operations and identify gaps/opportunities for ongoing development
• Responsible for ongoing reporting of the status, results and conclusions to colleagues, the development team, and to the supervisor.
•Minimum Polytechnic Diploma in Science or engineering (with foundational courses in Chemistry covering redox reactions, physical chemistry. These are applied in the context of general cosmetic treatments)
•Relevant experience in laboratory management or in the measurement science field. Candidates with highly proven experience are encouraged to apply independent of duration of experience.
•Preference for candidates with experience in automation, data management and programming skills.
•Experience with basic software applications (i.e. MS Office) is required
•Adequate oral and written communication skills in English for common business are a must
•Able to work independently, manage the various partners and multiple priorities to deliver the outcomes in a timely manner
•Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: